Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Freelancing

Freelancing 1 month 1 week ago #1

• Mushroom
  • Amateur
I've been looking into more freelancer jobs lately. I feel like it's a good option to make my spare time more useful while not stressing me too much with routines. What kind of freelance jobs have you tried?

Freelancing 1 month 4 days ago #2

• Perplexed
  • Amateur
I'm in the process of freelance writing. Basically, I've written for several website writing blogs, tweets, articles, forums, etc. As far as writing short stories, I've done a few, for children, but they haven't been published. To actually solicit clients to take me on to write something for them, I haven't tried that yet. I'm retired and haven't "given up my day job", so to speak. I don't know if I'd want to delve into this completely however.

Freelancing 1 month 21 hours ago #3

• Mushroom
  • Amateur
I'm also thinking of getting into freelance writing. With my literature background, I can help with translation here and there. I feel like this system will work for me because I easily get bored if I do the same work over and over again. Freelancing means that it's up to us to decide the schedule.

Freelancing 3 weeks 3 days ago #4

• Zara
  • Amateur
I tried Freelancing once, but I hated having to bid for jobs and compete with hundreds of others out there. I like to get my jobs the easy way. I prefer websites where I can log in, do the job and get paid, simple.

Freelancing 3 weeks 3 days ago #5

• Serene
  • Amateur
I've been trying to come up with a way to put my art talents to good use over the years. I would really like to become a freelance artist, but I can never find out where to start. I've tried using a few different companies on the internet to sell my work, but I haven't had the best of luck with any of them.

Freelancing 3 weeks 2 days ago #6

• Mushroom
  • Amateur
Zara wrote:
I tried Freelancing once, but I hated having to bid for jobs and compete with hundreds of others out there. I like to get my jobs the easy way. I prefer websites where I can log in, do the job and get paid, simple.
Technically, that would be possible if we have established a good name. We can set up our own websites and people would come to us naturally. Starting up is always troublesome, especially because we have to go through (blind) interviews.

Freelancing 3 weeks 2 days ago #7

• marcus
  • Amateur
I am with most of you on this. Freelance writing isn't easy and takes a lot of a person's time. I think it becomes much easier when a person is retired and has a passion for it. Bidding for jobs is never an easy task as well.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by marcus.

Freelancing 1 week 8 hours ago #8

• DeepSea
  • Amateur
I'm a freelance digital artist. I've worked on commercial work as well as personal commissions. I've done art for weekly web comics, video games, emoticons, clothing, prints, greeting cards and everything in between lol.

Freelance work in general is brutal though. I don't really recommend it. When you work from home, you feel like you should always be working, and any free time you have should be spent finishing assignments. Clients often expect you to work weekends, holidays, and late nights, and you kind of have to if you want them to continue doing business with you.