Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Camping horror stories

Camping horror stories 2 months 1 week ago #1

• schwarz
  • Amateur
Has anyone here ever experienced anything terrifying during a camping trip? I nearly had a heart-attack once. The three of us were at a popular hiking spot and decided to set-up camp nearby; things went well. However, I awoke during the wee hours of the morning to a terrifying scream that shook me to the core. I was 16 at the time; I later learnt it had been an owl. :blush:

Camping horror stories 2 months 5 days ago #2

• Tiana
  • Amateur
Oh my gosh, that would have been the end of me! I get scared easily, and I think that is the major reason why I will never go camping. I just like to appreciate my nature from the comfort of a really luxurious hotel. I guess to each their own...

Camping horror stories 2 months 1 day ago #3

• Snowy
  • Pro
I've never had anything scary happen, but I did have a terrible camping experience about 20 years ago that I classify as a horror story. I was camping in northern Ontario at the beginning of the summer and the black flies were abundant that year. I was supposed to be there for a week, but I got so chewed up by the flies that I left after one night. When I got home, I counted the bites I had on just one leg and it was over 100!

Camping horror stories 1 month 4 weeks ago #4

• nick
  • Amateur
Snowy wrote:
I've never had anything scary happen, but I did have a terrible camping experience about 20 years ago that I classify as a horror story. I was camping in northern Ontario at the beginning of the summer and the black flies were abundant that year. I was supposed to be there for a week, but I got so chewed up by the flies that I left after one night. When I got home, I counted the bites I had on just one leg and it was over 100!
I love camping and hiking but luckily, I have never had any horrific experience. I can imagine how painful 100 bite wounds would feel. I have a terrible allergy to skin bites and I end up getting swollen all over.