Is it therapeutic for you?

• Posts 223

marcus created the topic: Is it therapeutic for you?

I have always loved hiking and even though it is much harder to reach out to most of my friends now, hiking and camping have always excited me. I love it when we are busy going through the hills and valleys, helping each other out and eventually sharing stories and jokes over a beer or two, next to a bonfire.

• Posts 275

Perplexed replied the topic: Is it therapeutic for you?

This really sounds like fun! I never hiked as recreation, but I do like to walk. In the past, I've walked some trails, but nothing to any significant extent. Camping would be a totally new experience for me. I'm sure you will find someone to go along.

• Posts 285

AutumnRose replied the topic: Is it therapeutic for you?

We have a creek, a rock cliff and a gorgeous waterfall back behind our house. In the spring, we walk back there a lot just to enjoy the beauty and peacefulness of the scenery. This is very therapeutic and a great way to enjoy relaxing time together as a family.

• Posts 150

Serene replied the topic: Is it therapeutic for you?

Hiking is very therapeutic for my husband and I. We have hiked a ton of trails and keep finding more to each year. We are lucky enough to live where there are a bunch of hiking spots that take you to lean-tos, waterfalls, and lakes. There is, however, this one trail that we have hiked multiple times and can't seem to find the end to it. That is one of our greatest adventures.

• Posts 299

fireme replied the topic: Is it therapeutic for you?

It is therapeutic, both physically and mentally. It can help get you in shape as well as keep you in shape. I enjoy doing it as often as I can.

• Posts 223

marcus replied the topic: Is it therapeutic for you?

fireme wrote: It is therapeutic, both physically and mentally. It can help get you in shape as well as keep you in shape. I enjoy doing it as often as I can.

Very true Fireme. The interesting bit is that it is quite hard to find time nowadays and so I try to enjoy hiking as much as I can, when I find that time. I can't trek as much as I used to back in the day.

• Posts 276

Snowy replied the topic: Is it therapeutic for you?

I love hiking, but in my area we have a very big bear problem, so we have to be very cautious. It's a shame because we have so many beautiful mountains, streams, waterfalls, etc. to see, but going off the beaten path is not recommended.