The life of a celebrity

• Posts 87

nick created the topic: The life of a celebrity

Do you ever try to picture the kind of scrutiny that celebrities have to contend with, not to mention the fact that the paparazzi always follow them wherever they go? I wouldn't want to live such a life. How do they manage to handle all that pressure that comes with this status?

• Posts 234

AutumnRose replied the topic: The life of a celebrity

I think being in the limelight constantly has been the downfall for many celebrities. I would certainly not want my entire life out in the open eyes of the public like that. Even all the pubic appearances at celebrity galas, movie openings, interviews and other things that most celebrities take part in would be too much for me. I'll just stay broke and hang on to my privacy.

• Posts 87

nick replied the topic: The life of a celebrity

AutumnRose wrote: I think being in the limelight constantly has been the downfall for many celebrities. I would certainly not want my entire life out in the open eyes of the public like that. Even all the pubic appearances at celebrity galas, movie openings, interviews and other things that most celebrities take part in would be too much for me. I'll just stay broke and hang on to my privacy.

I think handling all that fame and lack of privacy can be depressing at times. Nonetheless, I know that there are people who don't mind all that publicity at all. I also prefer to stay broke but still be able to drive around the city with nobody trailing me.

• Posts 50

schwarz replied the topic: The life of a celebrity

I think this very much depends on the person. There are absolutely so many who would sell their souls to the devil to be famous; the rush one gets from fame is like a high-quality drug. As with everything else in life, there are obviously downsides to fame as well; some people have a high tolerance for them, though.

• Posts 50

Kira replied the topic: The life of a celebrity

I guess that's why we see celeb pics where they are wearing hats and sunglasses. I can't imagine what it would be like not to be able to go shopping without being tailed.

• Posts 179

JoJo replied the topic: The life of a celebrity

I wouldn't want to be a celebrity either. I love to have some alone time and have my privacy, and that's not an option when you're famous.

However, I think that some celebrities enjoy that kind of attention.

• Posts 243

fireme replied the topic: The life of a celebrity

I think there's a difference between a celebrity and an actor. There are actors who know how to keep their personal lives private, and there are those don't want that. The latter are celebrities because they WANT to be in the limelight.

• Posts 184

marcus replied the topic: The life of a celebrity

fireme wrote: I think there's a difference between a celebrity and an actor. There are actors who know how to keep their personal lives private, and there are those don't want that. The latter are celebrities because they WANT to be in the limelight.

Which makes me beg the question,'who is a celebrity?' In my opinion, once you get the fame, then you definitely become a celebrity, whether you like it or not. I would never ever want to be in the limelight.