Leah Remini

• AutumnRose
  • AutumnRose's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Posts 285

AutumnRose created the topic: Leah Remini

I watched a 20/20 episode that Leah Remini was interviewed on and she talked about some of the bad experiences she had with the Church Of Scientology. She has another program debuting on A&E Tuesday night and from the looks of it, she will be speaking with other former members of this church who had even worse things happen to them. If all these things really happened, how can these people actually call themselves a church?

• Posts 49

SuddenlySarah replied the topic: Leah Remini

I am actually looking forward to seeing this! I also saw that she has a book out and I am hoping to get it for Christmas! It looks so good. And I agree with you, I don't see how this can even be considered a church. It's a cult.

• Posts 275

Perplexed replied the topic: Leah Remini

SuddenlySarah wrote: I am actually looking forward to seeing this! I also saw that she has a book out and I am hoping to get it for Christmas! It looks so good. And I agree with you, I don't see how this can even be considered a church. It's a cult.

I agree. I read L. Ron Hubbard's book years ago, and even then, I thought that he was some sort of a kook. I think that the thing is with these celebrities falling for and chiming in with these charlatans is that it creates an easy way to get publicity and looking "openminded" and "with it". To me, they just look like a bunch of naive, gullible jerks.

• Posts 122

nick replied the topic: Leah Remini

When I first heard about Scientology, I thought the use of the word 'church' was just figurative. Now that you have mentioned it, I do think that it is more of a cult now. It is no surprise that anyone can believe anything nowadays.

• AutumnRose
  • AutumnRose's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Posts 285

AutumnRose replied the topic: Leah Remini

I just do not get how grown, seemingly intelligent adults will just willingly walk into this "religion" and let someone totally control how they think and what they do with their life. From the way Leah Remini talked they even do reports on each other and if one member is not happy with another member they give this report to a higher up and basically rat them out for whatever it is the other member supposedly did wrong. I mean, how grade school is that?

• Posts 268

Snowy replied the topic: Leah Remini

I absolutely love Leah Remini as an actress and I give her a lot of credit for speaking out about Scientology. I agree that it's a cult more than anything else. It's ridiculous that people will believe in this nonsense and participate in this secret organization, but believing in good old fashioned God and reading the Bible is out of the question.

• Posts 49

SuddenlySarah replied the topic: Leah Remini

To add to my comment above, in watching her show, I was surprised to learn about some of the stuff they do like the Sea Orgs, which basically takes teens and young adults and puts them in a para-military organization that the Church created. That kind of stuff just blows my mind.