Alan Thicke

• Posts 238

AutumnRose created the topic: Alan Thicke

I was so sad to hear that Alan Thicke had passed away of a heart attack a couple days ago. I always thought he was a wonderful actor and still just as handsome as ever even though he was getting older. I wonder if he had had any previous heart problems or if this heart attack just hit him suddenly?

• Posts 85

CammieZ replied the topic: Alan Thicke

I was really sad to see this too. I loved watching him in Growing Pains. I didn't really pay attention to him after this though. I wonder if he had heart issues.

• Posts 178

DeepSea replied the topic: Alan Thicke

I was very sad to hear of Alan Thicke's passing too. I also lost my father in my early 20s, so I feel especially sad for his son, Carter.

It does seem really odd that he died though. When he collapsed, he was apparently still conscious, and making jokes with his son. Why weren't the EMTs or doctors able to resuscitate him? He didn't look like he was out of shape, and he wasn't particularly old, so I wonder why he even had the heart attack in the first place.

• Posts 228

Perplexed replied the topic: Alan Thicke

Alan Thicke's death certainly was a shock, I just saw him last year at a celebrity tennis benefit put on by Chris Evert in Florida. He seemed perfectly healthy then, he played a few sets, although not that hard, of course. I guess that when it's your time to go, it's your time to go. Rest in Peace Mr. Thicke.

• Posts 50

Kira replied the topic: Alan Thicke

This was indeed an untimely death. I think that when well known actors or celebs pass away, it brings us in touch with our own mortality. No one likes to think about leaving friends and family!