George Michael

• Posts 220

DeepSea created the topic: George Michael

Earlier this evening, I heard that George Michael had passed away while sleeping in his bed, seemingly from heart failure.

Although I wasn't a big fan of his, I was very saddened to hear of his passing. Perhaps more details about the cause of his death will emerge in the next few days, but as it is now, it seems odd that a man his age would pass away suddenly like that.

Are any of you fans of George Michael? What were some of your favourite George Michael songs or memories?

• Posts 85

CammieZ replied the topic: George Michael

Another celebrity death. Seems like a lot of them this past year. I did love George Michael. I listened to all his songs back in the day. I loved Father Figure.

• Posts 220

DeepSea replied the topic: George Michael

CammieZ wrote: Another celebrity death. Seems like a lot of them this past year. I did love George Michael. I listened to all his songs back in the day. I loved Father Figure.

Yeah, it's such a shame that we've lost so many this year. Prince, David Bowie, and now George Michael. 2016 hasn't been a very good year!

True, Father Figure was a great song. I should go listen to it again in his honour.

• Posts 150

Serene replied the topic: George Michael

I wasn't a huge fan of his, but one of my favorites was 'Faith'. Every time it would come on the radio I would have to blast it and sing along. It's a shame that we have lost so many talented people in 2016. I just hope that we don't lose too many more in the coming year.

• Posts 268

AutumnRose replied the topic: George Michael

I was so sad to hear that George Michael had passed away. However, a few years ago, I saw him as a special guest star on American Idol and I remember noticing how thin and sickly he looked then. Perhaps he had heart troubles then, who knows. Father Figure was definitely my favorite song by him. I also remember being a young teen when Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go came out and my sister and I were wild over that song.

• Posts 214

JoJo replied the topic: George Michael

I grew up listening to George Michael and I have always been a huge fan of his. His passing is definitely a big loss for the music industry :(

• Posts 244

Snowy replied the topic: George Michael

I know he had a pretty big drug problem back in the day and I think the scuttlebutt is that it's related to his death. I don't know if he started using again or if his body was weakened by the earlier use. It's so sad that many celebrities fall into the drug trap. As for his songs, my favorite has always been Cowboys and Angels.

• Posts 220

DeepSea replied the topic: George Michael

Snowy wrote: I know he had a pretty big drug problem back in the day and I think the scuttlebutt is that it's related to his death. I don't know if he started using again or if his body was weakened by the earlier use. It's so sad that many celebrities fall into the drug trap. As for his songs, my favorite has always been Cowboys and Angels.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that so many celebrities struggle with drugs and addiction. It must be a difficult lifestyle.
What do you think of Fadi Fawaz's claim that George Michael took his own life?