Hollywood Going On Strike

• AutumnRose
  • AutumnRose's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Posts 285

AutumnRose created the topic: Hollywood Going On Strike

I saw a post on social media earlier that I find very hard to believe. It said that some celebrities were trying to get Hollywood to go on a total strike to try and get Donald Trump to resign as president. Surely, this can't be true! How preposterous it would be to attempt something like this! Have any of you heard about it?

• Posts 150

Serene replied the topic: Hollywood Going On Strike

I haven't heard about that, but it wouldn't surprise me with everything that has been going on lately. I just don't understand what people think they are going to get accomplished. I can't see just a few people getting together and causing such a commotion that he would step down. Do you think something like this could work?

• Posts 142

Zara replied the topic: Hollywood Going On Strike

I haven't heard anything about it either, but then again, I'm not surprised because that probably means it's not true at all. I think that those celebs in Hollywood have much better things to do than fight a losing fight. It would probably take divine intervention to get Donald to step down from his post.

• Posts 225

DeepSea replied the topic: Hollywood Going On Strike

I haven't heard about this either, but I think it would be silly for two reasons. One, because like everyone else has said, it probably won't work, and two, because I don't think Trump's done anything that would call for him to immediately resign as president.

I'm not a political person at all, but I think it's very childish that people are acting this way, just because their candidate didn't win. The American people had the right to vote for the person they thought would lead their country best, and they did, and we just have respect their decision.

• Posts 275

Perplexed replied the topic: Hollywood Going On Strike

It sounds like a Hollywood thing to do, but I think that it's "False News". Anyway, who cares what Hollywood thinks? I don't. Those malcontents are lucky that they live in this great Land called America, and should thank their lucky stars that their "heartthrob" Hillary hasn't been prosecuted.

• Posts 85

CammieZ replied the topic: Hollywood Going On Strike

It certainly sounds like something that a lot of celebrities would do. I say, let them. I may not be a Trump supporter but I wouldn't stand behind a celebrity who thought they were this important.