The meanest celebrities?

• Posts 225

DeepSea created the topic: The meanest celebrities?

Most celebrities know how to look and act the part when they're in front of the cameras, but have you ever wondered what they're actually like in day to day life?

I've heard plenty of horror stories about celebrities who treat their fans, colleagues and families horribly, but I wonder how much of it is true. And if it is, I wonder if it's justified, given stress of being famous.

Have you ever been shocked to hear that your favourite famous person is actually a complete jerk in real life? Have you ever met a mean celebrity yourself? Who do you think the meanest celebrities are?

• Posts 285

AutumnRose replied the topic: The meanest celebrities?

I have read before that Julia Roberts is rude and very demanding about what she requires when she is filming. That surprised me because in the interviews I have seen her do she always seems like a very nice, down-to-earth person.

• Posts 275

Perplexed replied the topic: The meanest celebrities?

Generally speaking, not zeroing in on one particular celebrity, historically, comedians make up the rudest and most contemptible figures. For example, Groucho Marx was notorious for his treatment of his fans and peers. I guess that their comedic exterior is a cover-up for how miserable they feel inside.

• Posts 222

JoJo replied the topic: The meanest celebrities?

I am sure some of them are mean, just like normal people can be mean sometimes. I know someone who has worked closely with Rihanna and he said she was very rude and arrogant.

• Posts 122

nick replied the topic: The meanest celebrities?

It wouldn't surprize me if my favourite celebrity turned out to be a jerk in real life. There are countless stories of celebrities who are the meanest people ever and I believe that the majority of these accounts are actually true. We can attribute this to either the pressure of handling fame or just a common trend among most of them, once they attain that status.

On the other hand, there are really good people out there who deserve to be emulated. I once overheard one 'celebrity' try to defend her behaviour by saying that as much she was remorseful of her actions, her responsibility wasn't really about being a good example.

• Posts 225

DeepSea replied the topic: The meanest celebrities?

Perplexed wrote: Generally speaking, not zeroing in on one particular celebrity, historically, comedians make up the rudest and most contemptible figures. For example, Groucho Marx was notorious for his treatment of his fans and peers. I guess that their comedic exterior is a cover-up for how miserable they feel inside.

Now that you mention it, it's true, I've heard a lot about rude comedians. I know some make offensive jokes to be funny, but I've heard a lot of things that go beyond that.

Kevin James for example, apparently tells people not to look him in the eye, and to not address him directly. Those are some big demands, coming from a guy whose biggest claim to fame is playing Paul Blart, the mall cop.

• Posts 276

Snowy replied the topic: The meanest celebrities?

DeepSea wrote: Kevin James for example, apparently tells people not to look him in the eye, and to not address him directly. Those are some big demands, coming from a guy whose biggest claim to fame is playing Paul Blart, the mall cop.

I have a friend who did a movie with Val Kilmer and he had the same clause written into everyone's contracts. I can't even imagine what possesses them to say people can't look them in the eye. What makes that such a big offense?