Do You Believe in Love at First Sight?

• Posts 275

Perplexed created the topic: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight?

I met a girl when I was in high school who swept me off of my feet when I first laid eyes on her. She had what it took, I guess, and it seemed that the feeling was mutual. It didn't last long, she moved, and we lost touch. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Posts 19

Dunlop replied the topic: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight?

Yes, I have. It was quite astonishing. This girl walked by in college and I said, WOW! out loud. She turned and smiled. I didn't know who she was and dismissed this encounter as a fluke and let it pass. But, I couldn't stop thinking about her! I kept seeing her around, and she was never with a guy, just girls all the time. I, finally, managed a wave, and, she waved back. This went on for some time until I asked her to a dance, and, she said, "YES." The rest is history, she's now my wife and we have two kids. She was waiting for the right guy, I guess I was him. I still marvel at why she chose me. She still turns me on!

• Posts 50

schwarz replied the topic: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight?

Well, I think the term refers to infatuation more than anything else as it is mostly based on physical judgment. This is of course different than some people's idea that it is really a deep sense of love that is immediately felt. In this sense, infatuation has been scientifically proven to be a phenomenon that is fairly common.

• Posts 122

nick replied the topic: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight?

Dunlop wrote: Yes, I have. It was quite astonishing. This girl walked by in college and I said, WOW! out loud. She turned and smiled. I didn't know who she was and dismissed this encounter as a fluke and let it pass. But, I couldn't stop thinking about her! I kept seeing her around, and she was never with a guy, just girls all the time. I, finally, managed a wave, and, she waved back. This went on for some time until I asked her to a dance, and, she said, "YES." The rest is history, she's now my wife and we have two kids. She was waiting for the right guy, I guess I was him. I still marvel at why she chose me. She still turns me on!

This is such a wonderful story. I have never believed in love at first sight but I think if people paid attention to the little signals, then we'd have a lot of successful stories. I once saw this girl in campus but never got a chance to talk to her. In addition, I never saw her again. I guess this was just bad luck.

• Posts 285

AutumnRose replied the topic: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight?

Dunlop wrote: Yes, I have. It was quite astonishing. This girl walked by in college and I said, WOW! out loud. She turned and smiled. I didn't know who she was and dismissed this encounter as a fluke and let it pass. But, I couldn't stop thinking about her! I kept seeing her around, and she was never with a guy, just girls all the time. I, finally, managed a wave, and, she waved back. This went on for some time until I asked her to a dance, and, she said, "YES." The rest is history, she's now my wife and we have two kids. She was waiting for the right guy, I guess I was him. I still marvel at why she chose me. She still turns me on!

Dunlop, that is awesome! It makes me happy to hear love stories with happy endings like this. I hope you and your wife have many, many happy years together. I normally do not believe in love at first sight, but I guess it does happen for some people.

• Posts 299

fireme replied the topic: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight?

schwarz wrote: Well, I think the term refers to infatuation more than anything else as it is mostly based on physical judgment. This is of course different than some people's idea that it is really a deep sense of love that is immediately felt. In this sense, infatuation has been scientifically proven to be a phenomenon that is fairly common.

While Dunlop had a great story, it still didn't convince me that love at first site is a real thing. What you just said makes sense to me. I have had infatuations when I was a teenager, and it is all about the physical attraction.

• Posts 223

marcus replied the topic: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight?

Most of the time, I think love at first sight has more to do with infatuation than love itself. It takes a great coincidence to sight someone then end up loving her and even getting married. Dunlop, I think yours is a story in seclusion.

• Posts 150

Serene replied the topic: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight?

My story is a little different from Dunlop's only because it wasn't love-at-first-sight for me. This story has to do with my husband; he saw me around at school and knew instantly that I was the one for him. When I found out that he was interested in me, it took me a long time to get used to the idea. I actually fell in love with him by getting to know him. I don't believe that you can just look at someone and know that they are the one that you want to have forever.