Making Up After A Fight

• Posts 234

AutumnRose created the topic: Making Up After A Fight

My husband has been a complete jerk the last few days and I know a lot of it stems from his chronic pain, but still that's no reason to take it out on me. Today was a rough day and we are still not back to being the happy us we usually are. I feel like he should apologize and most likely he won't because he never does. When you have an argument with your spouse or significant other, how long does it normally take for you to make up? I don't even know how to act towards him right now because I am just not used to him being so hateful towards me. :-(

• Posts 50

RyleeB replied the topic: Making Up After A Fight

I'm so sorry to hear that AutumnRose. Fighting with your partner is always hard. My husband and I have the occasional fight and there have been times when it's taken days before we are back to our normal selves. I hope that he does apologize to you, but if he doesn't maybe you could bring it up that he really hurt your feelings and your having a hard time dealing with it. Shutting him out is never the thing to do. It only causes more problems, in my opinion.

• Posts 211

Snowy replied the topic: Making Up After A Fight

He probably doesn't apologize because he is ashamed of his behavior, although that doesn't help you to heal. When my husband acts like this, I hold him at arm's length for a few days, knowing full well I will forgive him, but I find it effective to let him know he's in the doghouse. That's my relationship, though, and you have to do what works best for you and your husband.

• Posts 243

fireme replied the topic: Making Up After A Fight

See if leaving for a day or two helps. Sometimes that helps the other person gain some perspective. If he doesn't like you around, see how he likes it when you're not around.

• Posts 85

CammieZ replied the topic: Making Up After A Fight

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues. Have you talked it out so that he knows exactly how hurt you are? It's not okau to keep it bottled up inside.

We have the occasional disagreement but we both are very careful with our words. We were both in a bad past relationship.

• Posts 228

Perplexed replied the topic: Making Up After A Fight

Our marriage is my wife's second and my first. She had an abusive spouse in her first and made her mind up not to tolerate any nonsense from me, although I would never strike her or cuss at her, which hubby number one did. We hardly ever quarrel, but when we do, I usually apologize because most times she is right. The times when she isn't, she usually sees this, and says that she is sorry. Mostly, we're simpatico.

• Posts 87

nick replied the topic: Making Up After A Fight

The most basic and important thing in a relationship is when each one accepts that they are wrong when they are wrong and apologizes. We have had several discussions in the past (with my partner) about the best way to resolve arguments. I would advise you to look for time and let your husband know that you'd appreciate if he treated you well. Disagreements are best resolved through dialogue.

• Posts 243

fireme replied the topic: Making Up After A Fight

Perplexed wrote: Mostly, we're simpatico.

I had to look that up.

That's the best way to be really. Life is too short to be taking it too seriously. Let love be what it is and don't let the peripherals of life ruin a good thing.

Love rules.

• Posts 179

JoJo replied the topic: Making Up After A Fight

I hate it when we have a fight as well. Sometimes it takes only a couple of hours for us to make up, but sometimes it takes days. It all depends on what the fight was about.

I hope you guys make up soon.

• Posts 138

Zara replied the topic: Making Up After A Fight

I don't know about any of you guys, but I love the 'making up' part. So much so that sometimes I pick a fight just so that we can make up later. LOL. Childish, I know, but hey...