Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: My friend is in a dilemma

My friend is in a dilemma 1 month 1 week ago #1

• nick
  • Amateur
My friend broke up with his girlfriend two years ago and it has been an emotional roller coaster, so to speak. Just recently he met this girl and they have gotten closer over time. However, there's a twist. Out of coincidence, this girl once dated his best friend and the relationship ended on our sour note. He's unsure of what to do yet he admits that he loves this girl. Should he just leave it at that?

My friend is in a dilemma 1 month 1 week ago #2

• AutumnRose
  • Pro
That is a tough one. There is normally a line you do not cross when it comes to dating someone your best friend used to date. Chances are, if they ended on a sour note, they likely do not have feelings for each other still. However, it will seem very awkward if his best friend ever comes around when he is with the girl. Perhaps he should talk to the best friend and see how he feels about it. But if he is already in love with her, it probably is not going to matter what the best friend says.

My friend is in a dilemma 1 month 4 hours ago #3

• fireme
  • Pro
If the two are in love and the other guy really is the best friend of the guy who is in love.....he'll accept it. That's what friends do for the sake of another friends' happiness.

My friend is in a dilemma 4 weeks 2 days ago #4

• marcus
  • Amateur
fireme wrote:
If the two are in love and the other guy really is the best friend of the guy who is in love.....he'll accept it. That's what friends do for the sake of another friends' happiness.
I think for most people (including myself) this is easier said than done. I wouldn't be happy if my best friend hooked up with my best friend. In my opinion, there are some lines that you should never cross.
Last Edit: 4 weeks 2 days ago by marcus.

My friend is in a dilemma 4 weeks 2 days ago #5

• RyleeB
  • Amateur
I agree that this is a very tough decision. I think for me, it would depend on why their relationship ended so badly and who actually ended it. I think that if he was the one that ended it then he probably won't have a problem with your friend dating her. This is definitely a conversion that he needs to have with his friend. He might actually be okay with it if enough time has passed.

My friend is in a dilemma 4 weeks 2 days ago #6

• Zara
  • Amateur
I think that as long as all the parties involved make a determination to forgive each other and move on, then they stand a chance of making their relationship work.

My friend is in a dilemma 3 weeks 6 days ago #7

• Perplexed
  • Amateur
I do think that if the friend who dated this girl left on a sour note, he may still not like being around this girl, and if ever the new beau happened to bring her around, there would be tense moments indeed. However, if the friend is over and done with her and past the worst emotional stuff, I can't see any harm in the new relationship, it is kind of awkward though.

My friend is in a dilemma 2 weeks 2 days ago #8

• CammieZ
  • Amateur
If I were your friend I would talk to his friend to see what he thinks about it. I wouldn't ruin a friendship over a girl. Now if they aren't that close, I'd say go for it. Hopefully it works out for him.