Dating after divorce

• Posts 138

Zara created the topic: Dating after divorce

How do you prepare yourself to jump back into the dating scene after you have been married for more than half your life ? How do you know what to do or say?

• Posts 209

Snowy replied the topic: Dating after divorce

I've been divorced, but I wasn't married very long, so jumping back into the dating scene wasn't really too difficult. I would imagine that when you've been married for a long time and it comes to an end, starting over would require moving very slowly. You'd probably want to develop friendships first before considering actual romantic dating.

• Posts 175

JoJo replied the topic: Dating after divorce

I agree with snowy. Getting back on the "market" could be tough if you haven't done it in a while. Take it slow, and let the right one come along. Good luck :)

• Posts 230

AutumnRose replied the topic: Dating after divorce

I went through this a few years ago and it is not easy. I found myself on a few dates with guys who were definitely not compatible. I also got into relationships with a couple of guys that were a total waste of time. Fortunately, I finally met my current husband and now I am happily married again. My best advice would be to date casually first and really get to know someone before you let it get serious. It's easy to fall fast when you are on the rebound from a divorce and sometimes you let yourself fall for the wrong person before the right person comes along.

• Posts 138

Zara replied the topic: Dating after divorce

Thanks all for the advice. It definitely is scary out there, but I know a lot of people who are in this exact situation who are making the best of it and moving on with their lives. I guess when you put your mind to it, anything is possible.

• Posts 242

fireme replied the topic: Dating after divorce

Just find someone who has walked a mile in your shoes. Sadly enough, it's not that hard. there are many people who are divorced after being married for 20 or so years.

But if you can't........get a dog. They're the best. B)