Giant sinkhole in Japan

• Posts 50

schwarz created the topic: Giant sinkhole in Japan

I think it was a feat of Japanese efficiency and ingenuity that allowed the quick repair of the giant sinkhole that recently appeared in the city of Fukuoka. Unfortunately, the sinkhole seems to be making another appearance.

• Posts 276

Snowy replied the topic: Giant sinkhole in Japan

Sinkholes scare the daylights out of me. It is so creepy to think about people who have been sucked into them and, poof, they're lost forever. I heard this morning that there was a small opening in the ground in San Antonio last weekend and one person is missing.

• Posts 50

schwarz replied the topic: Giant sinkhole in Japan

I heard about that incident, as well; that sinkhole measured at a depth of 6 metres (or 20 feet) compared to Fukuoka's 30 metres (about 100 feet). I believe the alleged cause in San Antonio was a sewage leak, although I'm not sure about the workings behind it.

• Posts 299

fireme replied the topic: Giant sinkhole in Japan

schwarz wrote: I think it was a feat of Japanese efficiency and ingenuity that allowed the quick repair of the giant sinkhole that recently appeared in the city of Fukuoka. Unfortunately, the sinkhole seems to be making another appearance.

Maybe they should have taken their time so they didn't have to come back a second time.

The Japanese can make things like AI virtual assistants, but they can't fix a sinkhole? C'mon guys.

• Posts 50

schwarz replied the topic: Giant sinkhole in Japan

fireme wrote:

schwarz wrote: I think it was a feat of Japanese efficiency and ingenuity that allowed the quick repair of the giant sinkhole that recently appeared in the city of Fukuoka. Unfortunately, the sinkhole seems to be making another appearance.

Maybe they should have taken their time so they didn't have to come back a second time.

The Japanese can make things like AI virtual assistants, but they can't fix a sinkhole? C'mon guys.

Perhaps you're right but, then again, I'm not sure why it recurred as it was filled with cement and sand. I don't think the cause of it is clear, either.