Have you ever had a recurring dream?

• Posts 174

DeepSea created the topic: Have you ever had a recurring dream?

I've always been really fascinated by dreams, and when I was a kid, I used to record my dreams in a diary.

I recently found my dream diary while cleaning my closet, and when I flipped through the entries, it brought back memories of some really bizarre dreams I've had. I noticed that a lot of the dreams involved similar people, places and situations, and some dreams were nearly identical.

Have you ever had a recurring dream? What are your recurring dreams about?

• Posts 243

fireme replied the topic: Have you ever had a recurring dream?

I have a recurring dream where I keep getting reincarnated as myself. How self-absorbed am I? B)

Just kidding, but that's a really good question. I honestly don't know if I have or not......................That's a really good question.

• Posts 174

DeepSea replied the topic: Have you ever had a recurring dream?

fireme wrote: I have a recurring dream where I keep getting reincarnated as myself. How self-absorbed am I? B)

Just kidding, but that's a really good question. I honestly don't know if I have or not......................That's a really good question.

Haha I wonder what that would be like... Would you know if you were reincarnated as yourself lol?

Maybe the fact that my brain plays re-runs while I sleep means that I'm just really unoriginal.

• Posts 50

schwarz replied the topic: Have you ever had a recurring dream?

I have never had a recurring dream; however, I have had dreams or rather nightmares that seemed as though they were continuing as if they were part of a series. Due to this interesting quality, I decided to record my dreams in a journal, too.

• Posts 150

Serene replied the topic: Have you ever had a recurring dream?

I've always wanted to start a dream journal, but there are so many nights that I don't remember my dreams at all that I'm not sure if it would be worth it. I know for sure, though, that all of my dreams have the same people in them. Although, sometimes I know that it's a certain person, but they don't look like that person at all. I wonder what that means?

• Posts 138

Zara replied the topic: Have you ever had a recurring dream?

Dreams are just a reflection of our thoughts and feelings throughout the day. I always meditate before bed and I say a little prayer. I say to the Universe, "As I go to sleep, I will have a restful night and awaken refreshed. If there is anything for me to remember from my dream state, then I will recall it when I wake up." Works for me...

• Posts 234

AutumnRose replied the topic: Have you ever had a recurring dream?

I think learning about dreams is very interesting, but I also think you can randomly dream about anything and it simply has no meaning. When I was a kd, I had a recurring dream about a guy with dark curly hair coming towards me with his hands out like he was going to pick me up. In my dream this creepy guy kept saying this chant like thing where he just kept saying "aye, aye, aye, aye, aye" as he came towards me. That was all he said everytime I had this dream. Weird, huh?

Of course, I also had frequent nightmares about Mr. Clean too. So yeah, dreams can be crazy and pointless a lot of the time.

• Posts 138

Zara replied the topic: Have you ever had a recurring dream?

I hear you. It can definitely seem that way sometimes, but all dreams come from somewhere. Your brain doesn't just make stuff up while you sleep. They come from the books we read, the conversations we have , the shows we watch on TV, the thoughts we think throughout the day... the list goes on. While you're sleeping, your subconscious mind is busy sorting and filing all this information, and hence the dreams.

• Posts 184

marcus replied the topic: Have you ever had a recurring dream?

As Zara has mentioned, dreams are more or less a manifestation of what has been going through someone's head throughout the day. I hardly dream or perhaps I should say I hardly remember anything in the morning but it is really a good idea to meditate just when about to sleep to probably get rid of any negative thoughts or feelings. I know many people who are always fascinated and will always strive to find an interpretation.

• Posts 16

Oxana replied the topic: Have you ever had a recurring dream?

I don't actually remember ever having a recurring dream, but I have a friend who used to always dream about her grandmother telling her the exact same sentence. This is kind of creepy if you ask me :D