Fun Holiday Activities for Kids

• Posts 138

Zara created the topic: Fun Holiday Activities for Kids

I know the holidays are supposed to be fun for everyone, but I have noticed that the kids get bored really fast, and I would like to have a bunch of activities ready for them in advance. Any ideas?

• Posts 41

SuddenlySarah replied the topic: Fun Holiday Activities for Kids

I usually look at the local section of the newspaper where it displays upcoming community events. You can get some great ideas, and often they are free activities. You can also check your town website (if they have one) as they will usually offer a list of events there, as well. For more to do, check out regional newspapers or county websites that cover many towns and cities.

• Posts 268

AutumnRose replied the topic: Fun Holiday Activities for Kids

I think it is fun to let the older kids participate in preparing the desserts for the holiday meal. My daughter loves making cookies, cakes and candy for everyone and this helps me out a lot too.

• Posts 50

RyleeB replied the topic: Fun Holiday Activities for Kids

My daughter is a tween and she gets bored with everything. The most fun I've ever seen her have was helping her cousins with holiday-themed crafts. I always get a bunch of little simple crafts for the kids to do and have a table set up in another room so that while the adults are spending time together, the kids are using their imagination together.

• Posts 85

CammieZ replied the topic: Fun Holiday Activities for Kids

How old are the kids? We make crafts every year at my big family Christmas party. Have you ever tried melting crayons in clear balls? It's cool and the kids really love it.