Regrets with family

• Posts 50

schwarz created the topic: Regrets with family

Is there anything that you had done to a family member that you wish you could take back? My best friend recently confided in me a heartbreaking story related to this. Hearing such tales only strengthens my resolve to do my best never to allow such a situation to happen in my own life.

• Posts 150

Serene replied the topic: Regrets with family

There was this one time that I got into a huge fight with my mom on the way that I discipline my children. This fight actually caused us to stop speaking for a few months. It was the hardest few months of my life because I'm very close to her. Thankfully, we worked it out and she finally understood where I was coming from.

• Posts 285

AutumnRose replied the topic: Regrets with family

I wish I had taken the time to visit my sister more often. She passed away unexpectedly in 2013 and it had been a couple of years since I had went to visit her. I wasn't mad at her and we hadn't been fighting or anything. I was just going through a bad split with my Ex husband at the time and I pretty much became a hermit and stopped visitng anyone but my Mom and my kids. I will regret not spending more time with my sister for the rest of my life.

• Posts 223

marcus replied the topic: Regrets with family

I cannot really say there's been any bad encounter with any of my family members but I wish I could visit some of them more often. I try to make sure that I'm in good terms with those I am close to and it helps in a way. The feeling of saying something then wishing you'd never said it isn't one of the best.

• Posts 225

DeepSea replied the topic: Regrets with family

I have a lot of regrets with my dad. We never fought or anything, but I feel that I should've spent more time with him, and told him how I felt. He passed away a year and a half ago, when I was in my early twenties, and I've been reeling in regret ever since.