Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Relationships With Parents

Relationships With Parents 2 months 3 days ago #1

• JoJo
  • Pro
Do you have a strong connection with your family? I grew up in a bit of a dysfunctional family so I have never had a great relationship with my parents. I'm really serious how it feels.

Relationships With Parents 2 months 6 hours ago #2

• Snowy
  • Pro
My father and I are very close, but I have a strained relationship with my mother. Thankfully, she lives on the other side of the country and I haven't seen her in years. We talk a few times a year and send cards with the occasional letter, but that's about it.

Relationships With Parents 1 month 3 weeks ago #3

• fireme
  • Pro
I'm good with my family. There isn't any tension or negativity. We don't talk a lot but we're thousands of miles apart and it just turned out this way.

Relationships With Parents 3 weeks 6 days ago #4

• Serene
  • Pro
I've always been really close to my mom mostly, but over the past few years, I've been getting closer to my dad too. My mom is one of my best friends and she's the first person that I call when I have news about anything. I just always hope that one day, my own children will be close to me like I am with my own parents.

Relationships With Parents 3 weeks 6 days ago #5

• Perplexed
  • Pro
My mother was quite ill from my childhood until she passed on when I was thirty-two years old. We couldn't really get close because she had mental illness issues, but, I indeed loved her dearly. My father was old fashioned and really couldn't understand what was going on, to say the least, our relationship was turbulent. Later on, after I got married, we were pretty close.

Relationships With Parents 3 weeks 5 days ago #6

• AutumnRose
  • Pro
I was always a Daddy's girl. Sadly, my father passed away in 1999 when I was 26. After that, I became closer to my mom and I have been ever since. Now she has dementia and she lives with me and our parent/child roles have reversed. However, I completely adore her and I cherish every moment I have with her.

Relationships With Parents 3 weeks 5 days ago #7

• marcus
  • Pro
I have learnt to always cherish the times I have with family. The relationship we have with our parents is determined by how close we are with them during our formative years. Is it true that daughters tend to be closer to their fathers and vice versa? I used to be pretty close to my mother until she passed on 13 years ago. My relationship with my father is good and we try to talk to each other as often as possible.