How Are You Spending The Holidays?

• AutumnRose
  • AutumnRose's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Posts 285

AutumnRose created the topic: How Are You Spending The Holidays?

We are having Christmas dinner here at my house. It will be me, my hubby, our 15 yr old daughter, our son and his wife, my mom and possibly my inlaws too. We will have snacks and finger foods for Christmas Eve when we open presents and then the big dinner on Christmas Day. Other than maybe having pizza and watching the ball drop, we don't usually do a lot for New Years. How will you be spending the holidays?

• Posts 50

Kira replied the topic: How Are You Spending The Holidays?

Much the same way as you AutumnRose. Finger foods and kids on Christmas Eve and then to the son's house on Christmas morning to see what Santa left. After lunch with mom, we're done!!!! Home to put on the old clothes and relax. :)

• Posts 50

RyleeB replied the topic: How Are You Spending The Holidays?

This Christmas is going to be a little different for my family because my husband will be working both Christmas Eve and Christmas day. He works nights so he will be home during the day, but he has to sleep. When he wakes up we will be having Christmas dinner with my parents, my sister, and our children. Hopefully, we can squeeze everything in before he has to be back to work that night.

• Posts 268

Snowy replied the topic: How Are You Spending The Holidays?

RyleeB wrote: This Christmas is going to be a little different for my family because my husband will be working both Christmas Eve and Christmas day. He works nights so he will be home during the day, but he has to sleep. When he wakes up we will be having Christmas dinner with my parents, my sister, and our children. Hopefully, we can squeeze everything in before he has to be back to work that night.

That must be really tough, Rylee. I really feel for people who have to work on holidays, especially when their are kids involved. I hope you have a great Christmas and find some time to relax!

We already had the family over, so Christmas Eve and Christmas Day will be just my husband, my daughter, and me. That's the way it usually is and that's the way we prefer it. We'll go to mass tomorrow evening and then come home to wait for the munchkin to fall asleep so Santa can make his big appearance.