Small Business Loans Or Grants

• AutumnRose
  • AutumnRose's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Posts 268

AutumnRose created the topic: Small Business Loans Or Grants

I have heard multiple stories over the years as to whether the United States government will provide small business loans or grants to those who want to start a business. Some say they do and some say most definitely not. Do any of you know what the truth really is concerning this matter?

• Posts 284

fireme replied the topic: Small Business Loans Or Grants

I think the confusion comes from the wording. The federal government itself does not, but federally funded programs do. This has been happening for decades, but it depends on the economy as to whether these programs stay heavily funded or are low on funds.

• Posts 273

Perplexed replied the topic: Small Business Loans Or Grants

The U.S. Small Business Administration, SBA, does not make loans directly but can recommend loan agencies that do, these being backed by the SBA. However, I believe that the SBA does award grants. You may be interested in looking up its website, www.sba.gov .

• Posts 50

Kira replied the topic: Small Business Loans Or Grants

These loans are easier to get if you are a minority. A black friend of ours obtained one with little to no problems and is doing quite well. WASP's have to jump through all kinds of hoops to get one. Just saying!!!

• Posts 85

CammieZ replied the topic: Small Business Loans Or Grants

There are several grants out there that you can apply for. The key is doing the work to try to get one. I write grants at my job. It's a tough job but it's free money once you get one.