Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Income taxes

Income taxes 3 weeks 1 day ago #1

• CammieZ
  • Amateur
How quickly do you file your income taxes? Do you do your own or go to an accountant?

I'm an accountant so I do my own. I try to do them as soon as I get all my information. I figure why let the government keep my money for a longer period of time.

Income taxes 2 weeks 5 hours ago #2

• Perplexed
  • Amateur
I wait until all of my tax statements are sent through the mail and then make an appointment with our tax service person. She is an EA, not quite a CPA, but she is very knowledgeable and does the job very well. I don't wait until after Feb 1, I call right away.

Income taxes 1 day 20 hours ago #3

• fireme
  • Pro
I usually wait until the first of April. I don't put it off until the very last minute, but I do put it off to the point where I have to have a sense of urgency when I do get started. It motivates me I guess.

Income taxes 1 day 8 hours ago #4

• Serene
  • Amateur
I always do my own taxes and my families because I'm an accountant too. As soon as I get all of our forms in I start the process right away. We are normally the ones that get our return back the second week of February. Of course, I guess it would be different if we owed money; then I might wait until April to file them.