Trying anything new

• Posts 85

CammieZ created the topic: Trying anything new

Just curious if anyone is trying any new exercise programs for the new year? I just started to go back to Zumba and kickboxing. I'm also going to try a new HIIT class. I'm pretty excited. I had a couple of health scares last year and I've finally been cleared to jump right back in.

• Posts 150

Serene replied the topic: Trying anything new

I'm finally going to sign up for a membership to my local YMCA this year. I've talked about doing it in the past, but never went through with it. I was blown away by the amount of classes that they offer and I can't wait to start some of them. I'm really excited about trying Piloxing, which is a combination of Pilates and Kickboxing.

• Posts 268

Snowy replied the topic: Trying anything new

I don't have anything new in mind, but I am getting back into yoga for the first time in quite a while. I was focusing on HIIT and weights last year and I really lost a lot of my flexibility, so I decided it's time to get it back.

• Posts 275

Perplexed replied the topic: Trying anything new

I had to look up HIIT, High Intensity Interval Training, it looks intense. In my day, quite a few years ago, weightlifting and jogging were the norm. No, I haven't thought of new exercises for the New Year, I'm afraid I might hurt this old body.

• Posts 223

marcus replied the topic: Trying anything new

Nothing new for me this year but after reading this, I'm getting challenged to try out something new. I tried kickboxing sometime back but stopped after I hurt my knee in training. HIIT is typically my kind of thing so I might as well consider it.

• Posts 138

Zara replied the topic: Trying anything new

I have my usual resolutions when it comes to my weight and fitness, but this year I want to make an extra effort to eat healthier meals. I know you can never make up for a bad diet through exercise so I want to focus more on the diet.

• Posts 223

Zara wrote: I have my usual resolutions when it comes to my weight and fitness, but this year I want to make an extra effort to eat healthier meals. I know you can never make up for a bad diet through exercise so I want to focus more on the diet.

You just struck a chord with me. I have realized that I exercise a lot but it doesn't he;p if my diet is not healthy. This is no mean fete but one's that's achievable indeed. A healthy diet is really important.

• Posts 223

Zara wrote: I have my usual resolutions when it comes to my weight and fitness, but this year I want to make an extra effort to eat healthier meals. I know you can never make up for a bad diet through exercise so I want to focus more on the diet.

You just struck a chord with me. I have realized that I exercise a lot but it doesn't help since my diet is not always healthy. This is no mean fete but one's that's achievable indeed. A healthy diet is really important.

• Posts 138

Zara replied the topic: Trying anything new

Your'e right , Marcus. It's never easy when it comes to our diet, especially when you're always on the go but I've found that it's better if you do small things every day than trying to change one big thing overnight.

• Posts 23

Millwood replied the topic: Trying anything new

I've gone back to good ol' fashioned dancing to music. :happydance: It's nothing professional and definitely nothing great but it sure is fun! After my playlist is over, I'm always starfished-out on my bed sweating like a pig.