Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: What Do You Prepare For Christmas Dinner?

What Do You Prepare For Christmas Dinner? 2 months 1 week ago #1

• AutumnRose
  • Pro
I am preparing Christmas dinner at my house again this year and will have several different dishes for the family to enjoy. Thankfully my daughter inlaw is coming over and will be helping me cook as well. We will be having ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, corn, hashbrown casserole and rolls. Of course there will also be some fresh baked pies, homemade cookies and my daughter inlaws scrumptious homemade fudge too. On Christmas Eve we normally have finger foods such as cheese balls, fruit salads, sausage balls and barbecued smokies. What is on your menu for Christmas dinner?

What Do You Prepare For Christmas Dinner? 2 months 1 week ago #2

• DeepSea
  • Pro
Our Christmas dinner is pretty similar to your Christmas Eve menu. We have mostly finger foods like cocktail shrimp, mozzarella sticks, sausage rolls etc. on both nights. The only difference is the selection I guess.

We also have brunch on Christmas Day, and the menu for that usually includes our choice of eggs, cinnamon buns, fruit salad and toast.

What Do You Prepare For Christmas Dinner? 2 months 1 week ago #3

• Snowy
  • Pro
We have four different Christmas celebrations at our house due to ethnic differences and when certain family members are available to visit. It starts on the 20th with a German Christmas dinner to honor my husband's side of the family. For that I make a pork roast with mustard and caraway, roasted root vegetables, and a German noodle bake.

A few days later we have my dad and uncle over for a traditional Italian Feast of the Seven Fishes, which is supposed to take place on Christmas Eve, but they have other obligations that night, so we do it earlier. On that night, I make seven different fish/seafood dishes which normally includes things like bacon-wrapped scallops, crab legs, shrimp cocktail, and my grandmother's Christmas sauce with anchovies.

Christmas Eve is finger foods with an antipasta platter and various hors d'oeuvres. Christmas Day is also simple with an orange marmalade glazed ham and lasagne.

It all starts next week and I can't wait!

What Do You Prepare For Christmas Dinner? 2 months 4 days ago #4

• Kira
  • Amateur
Snowy, will you adopt me? Your Christmas meals sounds wonderful. Especially the 7 fish meal. You must love to cook to prepare all those different dishes for different days. We have downsized our Christmas and simply have finger foods on Christmas Eve, breakfast on Christmas morning and then we're done. Our biggest holiday with the most food is Thanksgiving. Merry Christmas. Enjoy!!

What Do You Prepare For Christmas Dinner? 1 month 4 weeks ago #5

• Snowy
  • Pro
Kira wrote:
Snowy, will you adopt me? Your Christmas meals sounds wonderful. Especially the 7 fish meal. You must love to cook to prepare all those different dishes for different days. We have downsized our Christmas and simply have finger foods on Christmas Eve, breakfast on Christmas morning and then we're done. Our biggest holiday with the most food is Thanksgiving. Merry Christmas. Enjoy!!

Haha! Sure! Come on over! I do love to cook and it doesn't feel like the holidays to me if I don't spend most of my time in the kitchen. In the midst of all that, I also manage to bake about 1,000 cookies that we gift to friends and business associates. It sounds like madness, but I usually have my game plan figured out by the beginning of December and as long as I don't let anything distract me, it all goes pretty smoothly.

I should also mention that my husband loves to cook, as well, and he makes an excellent elf helper! I definitely don't do it all alone and I have to give credit where credit is due.

What Do You Prepare For Christmas Dinner? 1 month 3 weeks ago #6

• Perplexed
  • Pro
This Christmas Eve, my son treated my wife and me to traditional Thai dishes, he's marrying a Thai girl in a couple of weeks in Thailand, this being his second marriage. The soup was called Tom ka and the main course was, I forget the name, forgive me, a delicious mixture of beef, noodles, potatoes, peppers, onions and other ingredients in a mixture that was sweet and spicy. It was delicious!