Are you adventurous when it comes to food?

• Posts 170

DeepSea created the topic: Are you adventurous when it comes to food?

There are some people out there who will literally try any food at least once, and then there are picky eaters who never stray from their favourite meals. Where do you fall on the spectrum?

Although I have a sensitive stomach, and I'm not super adventurous with my food, I'm also not the type to pass up a new food just because I think I wouldn't like it.

Are there any foods you would never try? What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

• Posts 209

Snowy replied the topic: Are you adventurous when it comes to food?

Well, I'm a pescetarian, so as long as it doesn't involve beef, pork, or poultry, I'm usually pretty willing to give it a try. I've eaten some interesting seafood dishes while traveling in the Caribbean, but nothing I would classify as downright strange.

• Posts 150

Serene replied the topic: Are you adventurous when it comes to food?

I'm normally a very picky eater; I have been since childhood. Now that I've started my new diet, though, I've found myself becoming a more adventurous eater. I'm constantly trying new things and I'm glad that I do because I've found a lot of new favorites this way.

• Posts 178

marcus replied the topic: Are you adventurous when it comes to food?

I am another picky eater and it is only in very few instances that I have tried to eat strange foods. As a kid, I used to really get into problems whenever I'd eat certain foods. I guess I never moved away from my childhood tendencies.

• Posts 170

DeepSea replied the topic: Are you adventurous when it comes to food?

marcus wrote: I am another picky eater and it is only in very few instances that I have tried to eat strange foods. As a kid, I used to really get into problems whenever I'd eat certain foods. I guess I never moved away from my childhood tendencies.

Haha that's alright. My sister has always been a picky eater too, and I don't think she'll ever outgrow it. Her daughter seems to have inherited her picky eating as well, but it seems a little more extreme. I'm beginning to worry she might have ARFID.