Knowing your true friends

• Posts 87

nick created the topic: Knowing your true friends

I have a small circle of friends and these are the people I am certain will always there for me. It is still possible to have very many friends, most of whom will not show up at the hour of need. What are your thoughts?

• Posts 50

RyleeB replied the topic: Knowing your true friends

I don't know if I would call those people friends then. If they don't show up with I really need them the most, then I think they are just acquaintances. I have a very small group of friends that I know I can trust in any situation. Those people are my very best friends.

• Posts 211

Snowy replied the topic: Knowing your true friends

I can understand having an inner circle and an outer circle of friends. I have a small group of friends who would drop anything to help me and these are the people I am closest to, but I also have another small group of friends who are trustworthy, although I wouldn't call them in a time of immediate need.

• Posts 243

fireme replied the topic: Knowing your true friends

The vibe I get from most people these days is that it's nearly impossible to have a big circle of friends, all of whom you can count on. These days, you're lucky if you get two.

• Posts 234

AutumnRose replied the topic: Knowing your true friends

Honestly, I only have my husband, my kids and my inlaws that I consider true friends. There is only one other person besides them that I trust and she lives across the country from me. I guess I have been burned so much that I no longer trust as easily as I once did.

• Posts 50

schwarz replied the topic: Knowing your true friends

I have only two friends that I am able to trust completely; we have known each other for over 10 years. I consider myself very lucky as I have often heard the tale of being disappointed by those one wrongly considers close.