Can guys and girls be friends?

• Posts 225

DeepSea created the topic: Can guys and girls be friends?

Assuming both people are interested in the opposite gender, do you think guys and girls can just be friends? Or do you think at least one person will always develop feelings for the other?

I'd like to think that a guy and a girl don't have to be anything more than friends, but I'm beginning to think that in every case, at least one person falls for the other.

• Posts 100

Chara replied the topic: Can guys and girls be friends?

I tend to agree with you Deepsea. Two people begin as friends and then 9 times out of 10 one of them begins to have feelings other than friendship. It would be ideal if the two could just remain friends. Do you have a strictly friend relationship with someone of the opposite sex?

• Posts 225

DeepSea replied the topic: Can guys and girls be friends?

Chara wrote: I tend to agree with you Deepsea. Two people begin as friends and then 9 times out of 10 one of them begins to have feelings other than friendship. It would be ideal if the two could just remain friends. Do you have a strictly friend relationship with someone of the opposite sex?

I am just friends with a few guys, but mostly because we're not that close. I'd say that the majority of my "male friends" have expressed some attraction to me in one way or another though.

I asked this because recently one of my male friends expressed his feelings for me after ten years of knowing him. I didn't think it would ever happen!

• Posts 285

AutumnRose replied the topic: Can guys and girls be friends?

I think it is possible if the two people have known each other since childhood and their parents are friends too. There is just a certain line there that cannot be crossed because it feels more like they are family instead of just friends.

• Posts 222

JoJo replied the topic: Can guys and girls be friends?

DeepSea wrote: Assuming both people are interested in the opposite gender, do you think guys and girls can just be friends? Or do you think at least one person will always develop feelings for the other?

I'd like to think that a guy and a girl don't have to be anything more than friends, but I'm beginning to think that in every case, at least one person falls for the other.

I don't agree with this. I have so many guy friends and we have been friends for years. I think friendship is definitely possible between men and women.

• Posts 275

Perplexed replied the topic: Can guys and girls be friends?

I think that it depends on the individuals and their particular physiological or psychological makeups. Some people, no matter how "interested" they are in common interests shared with their friends, just can't keep their hands off of the opposite sex. With them, hormones play too big a role. I think others can stay friends with either sex.

• Posts 223

marcus replied the topic: Can guys and girls be friends?

Indeed, this is possible but again, it depends on a lot of things. If you have friends that you grew up together with, there are high chances of things remaining the way they are. All the same, we all have feelings and the more people spend time together, the higher the chances of some attraction developing. Having said this, I have a lot of genuine female friends.

• Posts 225

DeepSea replied the topic: Can guys and girls be friends?

marcus wrote: Indeed, this is possible but again, it depends on a lot of things. If you have friends that you grew up together with, there are high chances of things remaining the way they are. All the same, we all have feelings and the more people spend time together, the higher the chances of some attraction developing. Having said this, I have a lot of genuine female friends.

It may be possible, but I feel like if two people spend enough time together, like you said, the chances will be higher that at least one will fall for the other.

This is definitely the case in my current situation. I've known this guy for a long time, but only recently have we started spending a lot of time together, and now he thinks of me as more than a friend.