When is a Good Time to Retire?

• Posts 275

Perplexed created the topic: When is a Good Time to Retire?

I'm retired already, starting when I was sixty-two. As of late, I've been toying with the idea of going back to work, hesitating, however because I don't have the energy that I use to have. Are there any opinions out there about when it is a good time to retire? Maybe I started too soon.

• Posts 19

Dunlop replied the topic: When is a Good Time to Retire?

I envy you. Sixty-two isn't too early to retire. Plus, what's so great about working, unless you really need the income? Try to get a part-time job, then you won't get so tired. Listen, I'm in my forties and can't wait for the day I retire! Work is just that, work. I think very few people enjoy what they do for a living.

• Posts 285

AutumnRose replied the topic: When is a Good Time to Retire?

I think 62 is an ideal time to retire if a person can afford to do it then. You're still young enough to get out and enjoy yourself. I have not been able to work, other than a few small jobs from home, for over three years now due to various health problems. I worked for my local school system for years and I had every intention of working there until I was 62. But, that wasn't in the cards for me. I say enjoy your retirement and if you want to go back to work, do it part time so you are still able to enjoy being semi-retired.

• Posts 222

JoJo replied the topic: When is a Good Time to Retire?

I don't think 62 is too early to retire at all. I'm 37 years old and I would like to retire way earlier than that :D

• Posts 58

Tiana replied the topic: When is a Good Time to Retire?

I'm with Jojo on this one. I am in my thirties, too, and I have plans to retire before I turn forty. I guess it's a whole different world now and things are changing so rapidly. Everyone should just do what they feel is best for them.