What's Your Opinion Of Cremation?

• AutumnRose
  • AutumnRose's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Posts 285

AutumnRose created the topic: What's Your Opinion Of Cremation?

My mother and her side of the family has always viewed cremation as such a horrible thing. They go on about how brutal and disrespectful it is. In my opinion, I see nothing wrong with it. I mean, once you're gone, you're gone. The body is going to turn to dust eventually if it is buried anyway, so why pay more money for the same end results? I have told my husband if I go first, he can feel free to cremate me and save on the cost of a fancy burial. How do you feel about cremation?

• Posts 100

Chara replied the topic: What's Your Opinion Of Cremation?

There's nothing in the Bible that speaks against cremation. My husband and I both want to be cremated and sprinkled over the ocean. Ashes to ashes and dust to dust. So the saying goes. :)

• Posts 62

EmmyG replied the topic: What's Your Opinion Of Cremation?

It was never done in our family until my step-father passed away and he wanted to be cremated. Of course, we respected his wishes and, well, it wasn't that bad. We didn't go to hell, my step-father was cremated and our grief wasn't any worse than if he had been buried. We survived.

• AutumnRose
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Posts 285

AutumnRose replied the topic: What's Your Opinion Of Cremation?

I do not think anyone in my family has been cremated. At least not the family members that I have been well acquainted with. My husband's aunt recently passed and she wanted to be cremated so this is what her family did. I didn't dare tell my mother this. Mom would've been absolutely horrified.

• Posts 225

DeepSea replied the topic: What's Your Opinion Of Cremation?

I don't think any option at that point is very pleasant, but I also don't have anything against cremation specifically. Both my dad and my aunt were cremated, and their urns were buried afterward, so in the end it's the same as my other family members who were just buried.

Also, depending on the circumstances surrounding their death, sometimes cremation is the best choice or the only choice that makes sense.

• Posts 222

JoJo replied the topic: What's Your Opinion Of Cremation?

I am 100% for cremation. Why waste money and space on a coffin? Like you said, once you're gone you're gone. I want to be cremated as well.

• Posts 100

Chara replied the topic: What's Your Opinion Of Cremation?

That is definitely another consideration jojo. The expense of a funeral these days is over the top. Plus, our kids would have to drive 6 hours one way to see us buried. Do it here, cremate us and sprinkle us. Simple, cost effective and timely!

• Posts 275

Perplexed replied the topic: What's Your Opinion Of Cremation?

I go along with your way of thinking, AutumnRose. I want to be cremated instead of buried. I used to feel that a physical sign of your existence here on earth demanded a gravesite with a gravestone, not so much now. I would like my ashes to be scattered in the river near where I live, to be "one with nature". This is my way of being closer to my God.

• AutumnRose
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Posts 285

AutumnRose replied the topic: What's Your Opinion Of Cremation?

Perplexed wrote: I go along with your way of thinking, AutumnRose. I want to be cremated instead of buried. I used to feel that a physical sign of your existence here on earth demanded a gravesite with a gravestone, not so much now. I would like my ashes to be scattered in the river near where I live, to be "one with nature". This is my way of being closer to my God.

That's a beautiful way of looking at things, Perplexed. I honestly would rather my family remember the happy times they had with me then to sit through a funeral and go see my coffin be lowered into the ground. When my father passed away, I almost had a nervous breakdown at the funeral. I could not even being myself to go to the gravesite when they took his body there. Now it is peaceful to go there, but it has taken me many years to feel that way.

• Posts 276

Snowy replied the topic: What's Your Opinion Of Cremation?

I am against cremation for myself, but then again, I don't like any of my options. I keep telling my husband that when I go he needs to find a good taxidermist, stuff me, and prop me up in the living room so I can keep up with the day-to-day activities of my family. :wave: :lol: