Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Do you eat healthy around the holidays?

Do you eat healthy around the holidays? 1 month 1 week ago #1

• Snowy
  • Amateur
Do you have any trouble sticking to a healthy diet this time of year? I'm pretty good about avoiding the sweets, but I do consume more carbs than I normally would. I try to counter it by eating the bulk of the carbs earlier in the day and exercising a little more.

Do you eat healthy around the holidays? 1 month 1 week ago #2

• Serene
  • Amateur
I try to stick to my diet as best as I can this time of the year. Do find that it is very difficult to do because there are just so many holiday parties to attend and a lot of cookies to eat. How can you avoid these things when they taste so good?

Do you eat healthy around the holidays? 1 month 1 week ago #3

• schwarz
  • Amateur
I've always had good discipline, particularly when it comes to diet; I'm a bit of a hypochondriac. I think it helps to think about all the progress that has been made, no one would want to have wasted such efforts. However, I don't think a little snacking here and there would really hurt anything. ;)

Do you eat healthy around the holidays? 1 month 18 hours ago #4

• JoJo
  • Amateur
I try to eat healthy and watch my weight throughout the year in order to be able to allow myself a few indulgences during the holiday. I think it's very well deserved :)

Do you eat healthy around the holidays? 3 weeks 6 days ago #5

• nick
  • Amateur
I am fond of losing my discipline when the holidays set in. It is a trend I have been trying to reverse for the past few years, in vain. Perhaps it is going to be different this time round.

Do you eat healthy around the holidays? 3 weeks 6 days ago #6

• Kira
  • Amateur
Everything is always sooooo good around holiday time. I try to just taste a little of everything. Trouble is, I wake up the next day and feel terrible. All the wrong foods make me feel sluggish and out of sorts. There's a lot to be said for a healthy diet.

Do you eat healthy around the holidays? 3 weeks 5 days ago #7

• Zara
  • Amateur
I have given up trying to stay on a healthy eating plan during the holidays, especially around my family. It's just not possible to pass up any of the scrumptious feasts that they keep serving up.

Do you eat healthy around the holidays? 3 weeks 3 days ago #8

• AutumnRose
  • Pro
Eating healthy during the holidays is nearly impossible for me. I am the main cook during our holiday dinners and I fix the holiday favorites that everyone loves. However, I do try to stay away from the desserts as much as possible because I do not want to get my diabetes all out of whack when I want to enjoy our family gatherings.

Do you eat healthy around the holidays? 1 week 1 day ago #9

• Zara
  • Amateur
Update to the post from two weeks ago: It all went down exactly how I knew it would. I ate everything I could lay my hands on because everything just looked and tasted so good. It's the new year now, and I'm feeling sooo guilty. I'm trying to work out twice as hard to make up for the holiday season bingeing.