Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: How To Cut Back On Heating Costs

How To Cut Back On Heating Costs 1 month 4 weeks ago #1

• AutumnRose
  • Pro
During the winter, our heating bill goes through the roof. We have a gas fireplace and the cost of propane is unreal. Does anyone have any tips on how to cut back on heating costs during the winter?

How To Cut Back On Heating Costs 1 month 4 weeks ago #2

• RyleeB
  • Amateur
I use natural gas in my home and supposedly it's going to be cheaper this year. (I hope!) The best way that I've always cut back is to lower the thermostat at night or when I'm not going to be home during the day. You'd be surprised at what lowering your thermostat five degrees will do.

How To Cut Back On Heating Costs 1 month 4 weeks ago #3

• fireme
  • Pro
Don't depend on gas heat ( wood stoves or real fireplaces are good alternatives) weather seal your house and live in a house with an open floor plan. The more walls you have in your house, the more it will cost to heat it. Or cool it for that matter.

How To Cut Back On Heating Costs 1 month 1 week ago #4

• AutumnRose
  • Pro
Our house is somewhat open and we normally close off the rooms we aren't using as much as possible. However, I have no choice but to use propane for heat right now. We have a gas fireplace insert in our living room and a gas wall heater for the back of our house.

How To Cut Back On Heating Costs 1 week 1 day ago #5

• CammieZ
  • Amateur
Cover your windows with plastic. This keeps the heat inside. We also use space heaters to warm up the rooms. I had a woodstove for years and it was great.