Home decor

• Posts 50

RyleeB created the topic: Home decor

Is the decor in your home more traditional, modern, or a mix of the two? I've been redoing my home for a few years now and I've been trying to take it back to a more traditional feel since my home was built in the late 1800s.

• Posts 40

SuddenlySarah replied the topic: Home decor

I am a country girl, so my home is a mix of primitive country and farmhouse. I love simple and homespun. Things that are antique and weathered from age are my favorite things. I am not a frilly girl, nor do I like the coldness of modern.

• Posts 242

fireme replied the topic: Home decor

The house I live in was remodeled by a man who was worth a million or two dollars. He died suddenly though so there are certain projects, inside and out, that were left unfinished. You can tell that he was going for the Italian villa look though, so traditional is what my home looks like. If you want to call arched doorways traditional.

• Posts 58

Tiana replied the topic: Home decor

For me it's modern all the way. I just like that clean, minimalist look of modern homes. Give me concrete and glass over brick and wood any day.

• Posts 150

Serene replied the topic: Home decor

I guess for me I would call my decor more traditional since I love the look of French furnishings and most of my home is done in pale pinks, blues, and whites. Plus, I love the look of toile and Fleur de Lis prints on everything!

• Posts 40

SuddenlySarah replied the topic: Home decor

fireme wrote: The house I live in was remodeled by a man who was worth a million or two dollars. He died suddenly though so there are certain projects, inside and out, that were left unfinished. You can tell that he was going for the Italian villa look though, so traditional is what my home looks like. If you want to call arched doorways traditional.

That actually sounds kind of interesting if you think about it! I love arched doorways. While they don't go with my style of decor (farmhouse), I do find them rather beautiful!

• Posts 170

DeepSea replied the topic: Home decor

Our home is a little more traditional, since a lot the furniture we have was inherited from my grandma.
She and my grandad lived in quite a large home, so some of the pieces we have feel a little large or fancy for our spaces, but it'd be a shame to let go of such nice antique furniture.

• Posts 230

AutumnRose replied the topic: Home decor

Our home is definitely more traditional with a country feel. I have started remodeling one bedroom and I am hoping to eventually give the entire home a more updated look. However, even when updating I will most likely go with the country/traditional theme. I just want brighter looking walls and new window treatments mainly.