Do You Like To Read Romance Novels?

• AutumnRose
  • AutumnRose's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Posts 285

AutumnRose created the topic: Do You Like To Read Romance Novels?

I have read romance novels since I was a preteen. I got started with those Harlequin romance books from the 80s my mom used to have and worked my way up to actual romance novels. Danielle Steel is my all time favorite romance novelist. Do you like to read romance novels and if so, who is your favorite author?

• Posts 150

Serene replied the topic: Do You Like To Read Romance Novels?

I love to read romance novels and have for a number of years now. My favorite genre would have to be Historical Romances. I've read some very well-written ones by a lot of different authors, but my favorite author is Lisa Kleypas. I just love the way that there is a mystery, as well as, a romantic story line in all of her works.

• Posts 223

marcus replied the topic: Do You Like To Read Romance Novels?

I used to read romance novels back in the day. Danielle Steel is also my all time favorite novelist. At the moment, my concentration is on biographies. I want to learn from all the great men and women who have made it.

• Posts 122

nick replied the topic: Do You Like To Read Romance Novels?

I loved it when I would read two romance novels in a week. We had so much time and together with my friends, we had started our own book club where we used to borrow from each other. I no longer read romance novels. I prefer science-fiction novels instead.

• Posts 222

JoJo replied the topic: Do You Like To Read Romance Novels?

Romance is definitely not my type of genre to read at all. When I was in high school, girls were crazy about Harlequin books, but they just never did it for me :D

• Posts 276

Snowy replied the topic: Do You Like To Read Romance Novels?

JoJo wrote: Romance is definitely not my type of genre to read at all. When I was in high school, girls were crazy about Harlequin books, but they just never did it for me :D

Same here, JoJo. I can see how some people find them to be a good escape, which is what a good book should be, but romance novels are not my cup of tea.

• Posts 50

Kira replied the topic: Do You Like To Read Romance Novels?

I used to always take a romance novel on vacation. Now that I am retired I can read them anytime. Nora Roberts is currently my favorite author and I mix her in with other genre's.

• Posts 85

CammieZ replied the topic: Do You Like To Read Romance Novels?

I am not a huge romance novel fan. I like Jodi Piccoult and authors like that. I also like mystery novels. I really don't like Danielle Steele.

• Posts 275

Perplexed replied the topic: Do You Like To Read Romance Novels?

Being a guy, I find reading romance novels rather "girly" for my liking, but again, I'm an old guy. Men and boys today may be different in their assessments of what is allowable literature for perusal. For me, I like a lot of "shoot-em-up", "roughhousing" types of genre.