Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Do you always finish a read?

Do you always finish a read? 1 month 14 hours ago #1

• marcus
  • Amateur
I have always wanted to cultivate a reading culture but most of the time, I am normally done with a book even before I am half-way through with it. I use the first few pages to know if I will complete the book.

Do you always finish a read? 1 month 12 hours ago #2

• Serene
  • Amateur
There has only been a handful of books that I've never finished. The book has to be really terrible for me to not finish it. I've found that you can't always judge a book based on the first few chapters; some of them might surprise you in the end.

Do you always finish a read? 3 weeks 5 days ago #3

• Perplexed
  • Amateur
I usually finish a book once I start it, although it may take me awhile if the read is technically challenging. One book I never read through is the Bible. For me, it is too ponderous and convoluted for me to grasp, and mostly, extremely unbelievable.

Do you always finish a read? 2 weeks 6 days ago #4

• DeepSea
  • Amateur
For me, it depends on what kind of book I'm reading. I'm not really a fan of novels, to be honest. Even when they were assigned to me in school, I would rarely finish them. It didn't hurt me though, because I remember getting 100% on a test about a book that I didn't read haha.

I guess I prefer non-fiction books about topics that interest me, like animals, geography or history etc. And in contrast to the person above me, I've finished reading the New Testament about six times now.

Do you always finish a read? 1 week 15 hours ago #5

• marcus
  • Amateur
DeepSea wrote:
For me, it depends on what kind of book I'm reading. I'm not really a fan of novels, to be honest. Even when they were assigned to me in school, I would rarely finish them. It didn't hurt me though, because I remember getting 100% on a test about a book that I didn't read haha.

I guess I prefer non-fiction books about topics that interest me, like animals, geography or history etc. And in contrast to the person above me, I've finished reading the New Testament about six times now.
It does, to a great extent, depend on the book I am reading too. However, I am trying to create a situation where I only purchase books that I have an interest in. So far so good but just like you, novels have never interested me before plus reading the New Testament six times is an achievement.
Last Edit: 1 week 15 hours ago by marcus.