What are you reading?

• Posts 100

Chara created the topic: What are you reading?

I made a promise to myself that when I retired I would only ready what I wanted. So.....I've read a lot of Nora Roberts lately. Just mindless stuff with a good story and nothing meaty. How about you?

• Posts 223

marcus replied the topic: What are you reading?

Every time this topic comes up, it always acts as a reminder of poor I have become lately. No matter how much I try, I just cannot finish a read. I used to love reading sometime back but that passion just disappeared like wind. Reading activates the mind and changes the way of thinking. I hope I'll have better luck with this soon. What tips would you give Chara?

• Posts 100

Chara replied the topic: What are you reading?

I know where you are coming from Marcus. After college, it took me a long time to read anything because of all the required reading that went along with the education. Why don't you start with some puzzles? Crossword puzzles, maybe or word finds. When you get tired of that, pick up a book and see what happens. I always like to sit on the deck when it's warm with a glass of wine and my book.

• Posts 122

nick replied the topic: What are you reading?

That's a brilliant idea Chara. I know of a couple of friends that hate reading to date because while at college, reading is all they always did. I am not such a huge fan of reading neither do I love all those puzzles. I prefer to play Sudoku instead; I lean more towards numbers.

• Posts 20

Enter Sandman replied the topic: What are you reading?

I am currently reading Bill O'Reilley's book, Killing Reagan. It's excellent, and I have read all of Bill O'Reilley's books. I think he is an excellent storyteller. They also made a TV movie about this book that was fantastic, as well. Cynthia Nixon of Sex and the City fame starred as Nancy Reagan and did a great job.