Buying a kindle

• Posts 223

marcus created the topic: Buying a kindle

I haven't been an avid reader lately, despite having it on my resolution list year in, year out. The idea of carrying a book everywhere I go gets boring with time. Now I'm thinking of getting myself a kindle. One thing though, where else, apart from Amazon, can I get to purchase e-books? What model should I go for?

• Posts 100

Chara replied the topic: Buying a kindle

I have just a plain Kindle which I am quite happy with. If you want it in color or to do more than just read, I would suggest a Kindle fire. There are many places you can get e-books online. Most libraries now even have a check out system for e-books. Google it and you'll find tons.

• Posts 223

marcus replied the topic: Buying a kindle

Hey Chara, pardon my naivety but what else can a Kindle fire do? I'm not so much of a colour person so a plain one will suffice at the moment. I just hope that I'll be able to keep that fire burning; I haven't been such a great fan of reading lately. Thanks for your invaluable advice.

• Posts 285

AutumnRose replied the topic: Buying a kindle

My hubby loves to read and he loves his Kindle Fire. He can also get online and look at Facebook, play games and send emails with his. I'm more old school. I have to have a paperback in my hands to stay interested in reading.

• Posts 222

JoJo replied the topic: Buying a kindle

You know, having a Kindle could help you read more. I don't have a Kindle, but I noticed that, since I uploaded my books to my iPad, I find myself reading way more often than before.

• Posts 122

nick replied the topic: Buying a kindle

I am also old school Autumnrose and it is interesting that I seem to be getting less interested in the paperbacks lately. How much does cheapest Kindle Fire cost?