Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: True stories

True stories 1 week 6 days ago #1

• CammieZ
  • Amateur
I love watching movies that are based on true events. I can't wait to see the newest one about the Boston Marathon. I just watched Sully too. Anyone else a fan of these movies?

True stories 1 week 2 days ago #2

• Perplexed
  • Amateur
I love movies based on true life events, too! Last week, I saw "Lion" about a little Indian boy separated from his family for twenty-five years, and then, reunited. It was excellent! It was well worth the price of admission.

True stories 1 week 1 day ago #3

• AutumnRose
  • Pro
I like true life movies too. I love learning about the lives that celebrities, presidents and other famous people had growing up. I am also a huge fan of news/crime documentaries on television. I can sit for hours and watch shows like 48 Hours, Nightwatch and Dateline. My hubby and daughter think I am so boring when it comes to movies and television. lol

True stories 2 days 19 hours ago #4

• Serene
  • Amateur
True life movies are the best. In fact, I just saw a preview for "The Founder" which is based on the true story of the McDonald's brothers and how they created the food chain. It looks really interesting and I can't wait to go to the movie theater to watch it.

True stories 2 days 7 hours ago #5

• DeepSea
  • Amateur
I like movies based on true stories too, but while I'm watching them, part of me always wonders how much the movie strays from the actual events that took place.

I remember seeing movies that were based on true events, and then later reading articles or seeing interviews that detailed what actually happened, and being disappointed that it was nothing like the movie.

True stories 17 hours 29 minutes ago #6

• marcus
  • Amateur
Perplexed wrote:
I love movies based on true life events, too! Last week, I saw "Lion" about a little Indian boy separated from his family for twenty-five years, and then, reunited. It was excellent! It was well worth the price of admission.
I also have to look for this movie; it seems very interesting to watch. Movies based on true stories or life events are the best. I prefer watching this as well as documentaries.