Pushing Yourself

• Posts 299

fireme created the topic: Pushing Yourself

How exactly do you push yourself so you can utilize your talents to the fullest? What do you tell yourself so your focus and determination is at 100% ?

• Posts 150

Serene replied the topic: Pushing Yourself

Thinking outside of the box and trying something new is the first place that I always start when I'm pushing myself to get better at something. One of the biggest hurdles that I need to overcome as an artist is being so critical and unsure of my work. I just need to get it out there so that people can see it and give me feedback on it, so I can move on to the next stage in my career.

• Posts 223

marcus replied the topic: Pushing Yourself

In my humble opinion, I think the best way to push yourself is when you are still young and with a few commitments. I have a difficult time trying to be at my best since there are a lot of things to attend to and my hands are full at the moment. There is no greater gratification than feeling content about having fulfilled your potential.

• Posts 225

DeepSea replied the topic: Pushing Yourself

I think in order to push yourself 100%, you need to find something to motivate and inspire you, and you need to feel relaxed and healthy, both mentally and physically. Or at least that's been my experience.

Obviously you need time as well. If you have no time, the above points don't really matter.

• Posts 222

JoJo replied the topic: Pushing Yourself

I always try to push myself out of my comfort zone in order to get better than average results. There's a quote that I go by every day and it really helps me: "if you keep doing what you're doing, you will keep getting what you're getting."

• Posts 275

Perplexed replied the topic: Pushing Yourself

Pushing yourself 100% is hard to do when you truly haven't found you niche. I can do a great many things, but only so-so. With no real interest in things that you cannot excel in, it doesn't matter one way or the other, as long as the job gets done.

• Posts 285

AutumnRose replied the topic: Pushing Yourself

When my health was better and I was able to work, I always pushed myself. I worked in my local school system with special needs students and I loved every minute of the day when I was at work. I felt like I had a purpose so I did everything I could to be a positive light to my precious students. Unfortunately, I am no longer able to do this and sometimes I have to push myself just to get through the day.

• Posts 299

fireme replied the topic: Pushing Yourself

Everyone has fantastic ideas here, thank you all. This one stuck out though:

DeepSea wrote: I think in order to push yourself 100%, you need to find something to motivate and inspire you, and you need to feel relaxed and healthy, both mentally and physically. Or at least that's been my experience.

Obviously you need time as well. If you have no time, the above points don't really matter.

It falls in line with what Marcus said: "I think the best way to push yourself is when you are still young and with few commitments."

In other words, when you're young and still full of hope? B)

It makes sense though. It's hard to give 100% if you don't know if you have the time to see your plan through.