Hurting People

• Posts 299

fireme created the topic: Hurting People

Have you ever met someone with a "talent", or natural affinity, for hurting others? Not physically of course, but emotionally. No matter what they do or how hard they try not to, they end up hurting people.

• Posts 285

AutumnRose replied the topic: Hurting People

Unfortunately, I was married to someone like that once. He seemed to get his kicks from being rude and obnoxious to those who cared about him the most. He even became very abusive after we had been married for a little while. Luckily, I got away from him after three and a half years of putting up with his cruel behavior.

• Posts 299

fireme replied the topic: Hurting People

I'm glad to hear that. Sometimes it helps to know that people like that got damaged somewhere along the way. Normal people do not intentionally hurt others.

• Posts 222

JoJo replied the topic: Hurting People

People like this tend to be very sad inside, in my opinion. They must have gone through something in their early years that ends up making them bitter like that. I actually kind of feel sorry for them.

• Posts 275

Perplexed replied the topic: Hurting People

I've known some others who seemed to enjoy hurting other people's feelings for no good reason. Whether this is from a character flaw or just plain ignorance is beyond my understanding, they're just so cruel. I use to think that I had to accept these people for some odd reason, now, I don't. I try to avoid these morons as much as I can.

• Posts 70

Mushroom replied the topic: Hurting People

AutumnRose wrote: Unfortunately, I was married to someone like that once. He seemed to get his kicks from being rude and obnoxious to those who cared about him the most. He even became very abusive after we had been married for a little while. Luckily, I got away from him after three and a half years of putting up with his cruel behavior.

This kind of people sounds like they need serious professional help. I don't think I've ever seen ones who unintentionally hurt others, though I've had a friend who tend to make mistakes which bring inconvenience to many. It's frustrating because you can't really get mad knowing their situations.

• Posts 223

marcus replied the topic: Hurting People

JoJo wrote: People like this tend to be very sad inside, in my opinion. They must have gone through something in their early years that ends up making them bitter like that. I actually kind of feel sorry for them.

I agree with you but I tend to never feel sorry for such people because such behaviour is annoying. I avoid highly obnoxious and angry people since it is much easier when you don't have to condone with their behaviour. Again, I realized that such people are normally very fragile inside and they sometimes hurt when a confrontation ensues.

• Posts 299

fireme replied the topic: Hurting People

Mushroom wrote:

AutumnRose wrote: I've had a friend who tend to make mistakes which bring inconvenience to many. It's frustrating because you can't really get mad knowing their situations.

That's the kind of person I was referring you. Mistakes that lead to inconvenience and emotional hurt. It seems like, as time goes by, those mistakes get bigger and the damage gets more damaging.

• Posts 19

Abby Gail replied the topic: Hurting People

I have met lots of people like this. They seem to think they are superior to others and have the right to talk down to them. Once I had a job where the boss treated her employees like they were the scum of the earth. When she finally started acting that way towards me, I told her off and walked out.

• Posts 58

Tiana replied the topic: Hurting People

There will always be people like that in our lives, the trick is not to avoid them but to learn how to deal with them without letting them affect us in a negative way.