Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Discovery of new dinosaur

Discovery of new dinosaur 1 week 2 days ago #1

• Serene
  • Amateur
I just came across an article about a new dinosaur species being found in Australia. They are calling the plant-eating dinosaur 'Savannasaurus Elliottorum'. I find it fascinating when they uncover new facts like this about our planet's past. Do you think that they will ever find every species of dinosaur that existed before they became extinct?

Discovery of new dinosaur 1 week 2 days ago #2

• DeepSea
  • Amateur
Wow, that's amazing! I just googled it, and it seems like it was quite a large dinosaur as well.

That's a good question. Now that I've thought about it though, I feel kind of sad because I know there's probably plenty of extinct animal species that have left no trace of their existence.

We probably won't find evidence of every dinosaur that existed, but I still think it's worth it to find out as much as we can.

Discovery of new dinosaur 1 week 2 days ago #3

• Perplexed
  • Amateur
I don't think so. Just think of all the oil and gasoline consumed in the world, as well as other products made from oil bases, for decades and decades and then realize how many billions of these creatures existed at one time in order to die to produce these resources. There must literally be thousands of species of these extinct reptiles to be able to provide that.

Discovery of new dinosaur 1 week 1 day ago #4

• marcus
  • Amateur
I never at any point, imagined that dinosaurs ever existed but it is discoveries like these that make it almost believable that dinosaurs actually existed. If I may ask, does this latest discovery give a rough estimate to when the dinosaurs actually existed?