Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Cat getting in tree

Cat getting in tree 1 month 2 days ago #1

• CammieZ
  • Amateur
Oh my goodness, my cat won't stay out of the Christmas tree. She is trying to unwrap the gifts too. She even likes to drink out of the tree stand. Anyone else have a crazy cat like this?

Cat getting in tree 4 weeks 2 days ago #2

• DeepSea
  • Amateur
Haha yes, I had cats that liked to climb the tree and drink the water out of the base. Not too much can be done about it, but I guess there's a few things you can try to make the tree less accessible to the cat.

Some people try hiding the base where the water is held, under the tree skirt, to prevent the cat from drinking out of it. Other people hang decorations with jingle bells on the lower branches, so they'll hear right away if the cat is near the tree.

You should also make sure your furniture isn't too close to the tree, otherwise the cat will use it to leap onto the tree from.

Cat getting in tree 4 weeks 1 hour ago #3

• AutumnRose
  • Pro
So far, our cat hasn't gotten into the tree or presents, but I did catch her sitting right next to the tree. I think she likes the lights and decorations. I am actually surprised she didn't jump right into it. Our dogs do not seem at all interested in it, so I am hoping to get through the next few days without the cat destroying it too.

Cat getting in tree 1 week 6 days ago #4

• CammieZ
  • Amateur
Well we made it through the "tree" season without any major issues. I did hang some ornaments with bells on them and she played with them. The "newness" wore off and she just pretty much slept under the tree. She also drank the water.

Cat getting in tree 1 week 6 days ago #5

• Serene
  • Amateur
I was really worried that our new kitten was going to climb the tree this year since before we adopted him, he was the one who loved to climb to high places and then cry because he couldn't get down. The only thing he did to the tree was try to steal the ornaments off of the bottom branches.

Cat getting in tree 1 week 3 days ago #6

• marcus
  • Amateur
Now this is interesting and aren't cats the most adorable creatures out there? My cat is crazy and always likes climbing trees and chasing the smaller kittens in the neighborhood. She never wanders too far away though. Too adorable, I must say!