Thinking About Adopting A New Puppy

• AutumnRose
  • AutumnRose's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Posts 285

AutumnRose created the topic: Thinking About Adopting A New Puppy

There's a shelter about an hour away from me that has an adorable Yorkie mix puppy that I am considering adopting tomorrow. I think she is so cute and it just breaks my heart knowing there are so many sweet dogs that have to be left locked up in a cage all the time. I am not quite sure what she is mixed with, but I thought maybe she might be a Yorkie/Pomeranian mix. What do you all think?

Attachments:
  • Posts 225

DeepSea replied the topic: Thinking About Adopting A New Puppy

Aw, she's adorable! It breaks my heart too that there are so many animals in shelters. I think it would be a wonderful idea to adopt her.

I'm not entirely sure what she could be mixed with, but her face looks quite a bit like a dog I used to have, who was also a Pomeranian mix.

• AutumnRose
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Posts 285

AutumnRose replied the topic: Thinking About Adopting A New Puppy

Well, I did adopt a new puppy, but it was not this one. I called and found out she had already been adopted, so I am glad she has a new loving home. Here is the sweet baby I did adopt yesterday and we are already so in love with her. She is a Shih Tzu/Dachshund mix and we have named her Maggie May. Is that not just the cutest face ever? :heart:

Attachments:
  • Posts 150

Serene replied the topic: Thinking About Adopting A New Puppy

She certainly does have a sweet face, AutumnRose! How big do you think she is going to get? Whenever I am looking for a new pet, I always check out the shelters first. I just can't believe the amount of animals so many of them have. It just makes you happy to hear that they are going to loving homes.

• Posts 225

DeepSea replied the topic: Thinking About Adopting A New Puppy

Oh that's great news! I'm glad you were able to find a new friend. She is absolutely adorable. Shih-tzus and Dachshunds are two of my favourite dog breeds.

I'm glad to hear that the other puppy was adopted as well. Happy endings (or rather, new beginnings) all around.

• AutumnRose
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Posts 285

AutumnRose replied the topic: Thinking About Adopting A New Puppy

Serene wrote: She certainly does have a sweet face, AutumnRose! How big do you think she is going to get? Whenever I am looking for a new pet, I always check out the shelters first. I just can't believe the amount of animals so many of them have. It just makes you happy to hear that they are going to loving homes.

Serene, I don't think she will be more than 20 pounds. However, she does have really big feet! So, Maggie May just might surprise me. LOL