Are you a dog person, or a cat person?

• Posts 225

DeepSea created the topic: Are you a dog person, or a cat person?

Are you a dog person, or a cat person?

I definitely like both, but I guess if I had to choose, I'd say I'm more of a cat person. I like that they're more independent, quiet, and have longer lifespans.

Which do you prefer and why?

• Posts 150

Serene replied the topic: Are you a dog person, or a cat person?

I'm definitely a cat person since I've had cats since the time I was born. I spent a lot of my childhood being afraid of dogs so I'm still not that comfortable around them. Cats are definitely less work and more independent, which is nice if you aren't home a lot. I've noticed that our dog has a hard time being alone and it's difficult for us to even go run an errand without him getting upset that we've left.

• Posts 222

JoJo replied the topic: Are you a dog person, or a cat person?

I love both dogs and cats, but at the moment I have 2 cats. I really want to get a puppy soon though. But I will have to make myself more available before I do that because dogs are not as independent as cats.

• Posts 276

Snowy replied the topic: Are you a dog person, or a cat person?

I really don't think I can choose a favorite. I've had both for my whole life and they each bring something different to the table. Currently, I have two dogs and two cats. The independence of the cats is nice, but the dogs have that hardcore loyalty thing going on. It's a tough choice.

• Posts 285

AutumnRose replied the topic: Are you a dog person, or a cat person?

I am definitely a dog person. We have two chihuahuas and two chiweenies. I have always loved dogs since I was a child and can never remember a time when I did not have one. I think cats are gorgeous, but I just cannot bond with them like I do dogs.

• Posts 225

DeepSea replied the topic: Are you a dog person, or a cat person?

AutumnRose wrote: I am definitely a dog person. We have two chihuahuas and two chiweenies. I have always loved dogs since I was a child and can never remember a time when I did not have one. I think cats are gorgeous, but I just cannot bond with them like I do dogs.

Oh wow! So many doggies! You must really like chihuahuas haha.
I know what you mean though. Dogs are so much more friendly, and open to bonding with humans. It's refreshing being around dogs every once in awhile, but I prefer cats because I feel that they're more suited to me and my lifestyle.

• Posts 19

Abby Gail replied the topic: Are you a dog person, or a cat person?

I like dogs because they seem to connect with their owners so well. I like cats because they are easy to take care of and they keep the mice away. So, I guess I like both just the same.

• Posts 20

Lunie replied the topic: Are you a dog person, or a cat person?

I am 100% a dog person- I've never really connected well with cats. I admire cats' independence but something about a big, lovable, shenanigan-starting dog just melts my heart.

• Posts 225

DeepSea replied the topic: Are you a dog person, or a cat person?

Lunie wrote: I am 100% a dog person- I've never really connected well with cats. I admire cats' independence but something about a big, lovable, shenanigan-starting dog just melts my heart.

As I've grown up, I find myself liking dogs more and more for the reasons you mentioned above, but somehow I still feel that I'm more of a cat person.

I don't have any pets at the moment though, so any time I see any animal, whether it's a dog or a cat, I gladly welcome its company haha.

• Posts 275

Perplexed replied the topic: Are you a dog person, or a cat person?

I think cats are so cool! Dogs need a lot of care and attention. There are some lap hungry felines, but compared to the constant "wanting to be under your feet" dogs, the independence of cats makes me chuckle out loud.