Where Is My Cat?

• Posts 222

JoJo created the topic: Where Is My Cat?

I lost my cat a couple of days ago and he hasn't turned up yet. I have looked everywhere in my neighborhood, but couldn't find him. Has anyone ever had a similar experience? How did you find them?

• Posts 122

nick replied the topic: Where Is My Cat?

My cat once wandered away and returned after a week or so. It is normal for them to do this once in a while. Have you put a 'missing pet' poster around the neighbourhood. You might easily get her back in this way. I do wish you the best; it must be a traumatizing experience.

• Posts 100

Chara replied the topic: Where Is My Cat?

Male kitties are worse than females about taking off on a "walk-about" every now and then. Give him a week or so and I'll bet he turns up. Females stick closer to home. Have you had him neutered yet? That might be the reason. He has to go sew his wild oats.

• Posts 222

JoJo replied the topic: Where Is My Cat?

Chara wrote: Male kitties are worse than females about taking off on a "walk-about" every now and then. Give him a week or so and I'll bet he turns up. Females stick closer to home. Have you had him neutered yet? That might be the reason. He has to go sew his wild oats.

He was on his first heat and I was just waiting for it to pass in order to take him to the vet. I really hope he comes back soon. I've put up flyers, I'm going out every night looking for him, and I ask every person I meet in the neighborhood. Wish me luck guys.

• Posts 285

AutumnRose replied the topic: Where Is My Cat?

Aww, I hope he comes back home soon. It is normal for males to do this, especially if they have not been neutered yet. If your neighbors have any female cats, you may begin to notice some cute little kittens running around that look a lot like your boy. As soon as he comes home, I would put him up, call the vet and find out how long you need to wait to have him fixed.

• Posts 222

JoJo replied the topic: Where Is My Cat?

AutumnRose wrote: Aww, I hope he comes back home soon. It is normal for males to do this, especially if they have not been neutered yet. If your neighbors have any female cats, you may begin to notice some cute little kittens running around that look a lot like your boy. As soon as he comes home, I would put him up, call the vet and find out how long you need to wait to have him fixed.

Thanks, Autumnrose. The search continues and I am very hopeful. The first couple of days were horrible, but I feel somehow better now and my hope is back. Thanks for the support, everyone!