My New Rescue Dog

• AutumnRose
  • AutumnRose's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Posts 285

AutumnRose created the topic: My New Rescue Dog

We just recently rescued a dog whose owner had fallen and broken her hip and then developed dementia shortly after. The poor lady had to move in with her granddaughter because she is unable to care for herself. This little dog has been staying in the owner's home for the last 6 months all alone. The only time she saw anyone was when the granddaughter went to feed her twice a day. She was very lonely and the granddaughter had no luck in finding her a home because she has a deformed back leg and nobody wanted her. So now she is ours and we have already fallen crazy in love with her. She is a rat terrier/dachshund mix and her name is BambiLynn.

• Posts 223

marcus replied the topic: My New Rescue Dog

That's so kind of you. I believe she is truly grateful to be in good hands again. I am always moved by pets that have been neglected and isn't it a good feeling when such a dog undergoes transformation?

• Posts 225

DeepSea replied the topic: My New Rescue Dog

Aw, poor BambiLynn and her original owner. It sounds like they've been having a rough time, but at least now they'll both get the care they need. I know taking in another dog is a big responsibility, but it was nice of you to do so. I'm glad it's been working out for you so far though.

• AutumnRose
  • AutumnRose's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Posts 285

AutumnRose replied the topic: My New Rescue Dog

It is a huge responsibility, but we love her dearly already. She is settling in well with us and seems to be very happy. This makes 5 little dogs that we have and I will not be able to take in anymore. I just hope the ones we have live long, healthy lives. :)

• Posts 225

DeepSea replied the topic: My New Rescue Dog

AutumnRose wrote: It is a huge responsibility, but we love her dearly already. She is settling in well with us and seems to be very happy. This makes 5 little dogs that we have and I will not be able to take in anymore. I just hope the ones we have live long, healthy lives. :)

Oh wow! Five dogs? That must be quite a task to walk them all!
Glad to hear she's fitting in well with your family. I definitely wish all the best for you and all your little doggies.