Do You Get Emotionally Attached To Your Pets?

• AutumnRose
  • AutumnRose's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Posts 285

AutumnRose created the topic: Do You Get Emotionally Attached To Your Pets?

Sometimes I feel like I am way too emotionally attached to my dogs. The thought of something happening to one of them simply tears me apart. My husband loves them, but he says he doesn't think of them as people like I do. LOL Do you get emotionally attached to your pets?

• Posts 225

DeepSea replied the topic: Do You Get Emotionally Attached To Your Pets?

AutumnRose wrote: Sometimes I feel like I am way too emotionally attached to my dogs. The thought of something happening to one of them simply tears me apart. My husband loves them, but he says he doesn't think of them as people like I do. LOL Do you get emotionally attached to your pets?

I definitely do. Even to animals that aren't as intelligent as dogs.

I had a goldfish that I inherited from my grandfather after he passed away, and when the fish passed away 11 years later, I was absolutely devastated. I loved him like he was my baby, and I mourned for him for months after he died.

• Posts 100

Chara replied the topic: Do You Get Emotionally Attached To Your Pets?

Oh my goodness yes!!! My two rescue kitties are part of the family. They each have their own personalities and we treat them like our children. We have had and lost pets before and have been devastated each time. We all sobbed when our 23 year old cat passed away. However, there are plenty of pets out there that need a good forever home.

• Posts 122

nick replied the topic: Do You Get Emotionally Attached To Your Pets?

It is very normal to get attached to pets. Interestingly, I'm attached to my dog in the same way that my wife immensely loves our cat. The dog once wandered away and it was such a pain explaining to our kids that he wasn't gone for good.

• Posts 222

JoJo replied the topic: Do You Get Emotionally Attached To Your Pets?

Oh I am so attached to my cats. I posted a thread a couple of days ago about my missing cat and I was so devastated. All I could think about is: is he safe? Is he warm? Did he eat? I was going crazy! I am so thankful that he is back now, so I totally understand how you feel :)