What is your life Philosophy?

• Posts 58

Tiana created the topic: What is your life Philosophy?

What does it mean to you to have a 'philosophy' in life? For me it means learning about why we as humans do the things we do, and why we don't do some of the things we want to do - and finding ways of living a happier, healthier and more productive life.

• Posts 275

Perplexed replied the topic: What is your life Philosophy?

This makes sense to me, Tiana. As I'm getting older and older, I'm realizing more and more about the power of introspection. In the past, although I'm an introvert biologically, I was never able to really take the time for self assessment and my relationship with the rest of the world, too busy living for other peoples' lives. Now, as you have said, I'm studying human nature more and using the knowledge to see where I fit, past and present. Good topic!

• Posts 58

Tiana replied the topic: What is your life Philosophy?

Thanks for the response, Perplexed. I just wish more people had an interest in this topic because it has grown to be one of my favorites as I get older, too.

• Posts 142

Zara replied the topic: What is your life Philosophy?

That is a very interesting subject and it is one that I, too, have found myself studying more and more the older I get. I just find it so exciting that there is so much to learn and we will never get it done.

• Posts 299

fireme replied the topic: What is your life Philosophy?

My philosophy regarding life revolves around karma. I constantly think about how my actions not only affects others, but how they will come back around to me. Needless to say, I make a conscious effort to do good every day.

• Posts 150

Serene replied the topic: What is your life Philosophy?

I think as most people get older, they really start to slow down and have the time to contemplate the meaning of life. I know the older I get, the more I realize that I need to start doing what I like to do and not what other people want me to do. It's taken me a long time to understand that and I haven't lived my life the way that I've wanted to. Now I'm starting to do more for me and it's making me a happier person because of it.

• Posts 223

marcus replied the topic: What is your life Philosophy?

I have never given much thought to the talk about philosophy but I believe in living in peace with everyone, always striving to do good, not repaying evil for evil and letting go of people who have no regard for humanity. Interestingly, the people we surround ourselves with, to a great extent, influence our outlook of life. Ultimately, humanity exists for the sole purpose of helping each other since no man is an 'island'.

• Posts 142

Zara replied the topic: What is your life Philosophy?

Have any of you ever found it oddly interesting that the older you get the more your 'philosophy' on life, love, health - you name it - changes?

• Posts 285

AutumnRose replied the topic: What is your life Philosophy?

I think my philosophy has changed because I have mellowed a lot in my older years. I no longer have the temper I used to nor do I trust others like I used to. I just know I can rest easier when I know I have done my best to treat others with kindness, understanding and respect. I try to teach my children to do the same. I am also a huge animal lover and I believe part of my purpose on this earth is to be kind and care for God's precious animals too.

• Posts 16

Oxana replied the topic: What is your life Philosophy?

My life philosophy has changed throughout the years. But the older I get, my philosophy becomes more about caring less about insignificant things in general.