Politician Posturing

• Enter Sandman
  • Enter Sandman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Amateur
  • Amateur
  • Posts 20

Enter Sandman created the topic: Politician Posturing

I am getting so tired of how the politicians act these days. They are so openly rude and hypocritical that it amazes me that they keep getting voted into office. I was watching C-SPAN last night and one thing is for certain, we can honestly say that the US Government does not age discriminate. The one guy from Vermont was so addlepated that it was almost embarrassing! Another Senator had to finish his sentences! He almost seemed drunk.

What do you think about our politicians (and I don't mean the President this time)?

• Posts 275

Perplexed replied the topic: Politician Posturing

I think our politicians are a bunch of self-centered, self-aggrandized buffoons who don't give two hoots about the American People. Whether they be Democrat or Republican, neither has our interests at heart. I think that a third party should be introduced to keep these losers from totally destroying the country. All they care about are their special interests and taking away the little crumbs we have left, like Social Security and Medicare, which are not "entitlements"! This is all that I'm going to say to prevent myself from going completely berserk.

• Posts 299

fireme replied the topic: Politician Posturing

Why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel, perplexed? :thumbsup:

The few good people who want to go to Washington to really represent us are up against it. They either give up after 2 or 4 years, or they get sucked into the swamp with the rest of the gators.

• Posts 276

Snowy replied the topic: Politician Posturing

fireme wrote: Why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel, perplexed? :thumbsup:

The few good people who want to go to Washington to really represent us are up against it. They either give up after 2 or 4 years, or they get sucked into the swamp with the rest of the gators.

I agree with this. I think some of them actually start out with the intention of working for the people, but that doesn't fit in with the majority in Washington. They either walk away or get corrupted themselves and then we're back to politics as usual. The thing that kills me is that they all claim to be against it, but they are blatantly a part of it.

• Posts 61

SuddenlySarah replied the topic: Politician Posturing

fireme wrote: Why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel, perplexed? :thumbsup:

Yes! I couldn't agree with this more. I think about 50% of people who go to Washington, truly go with good intentions. Out of those people, I think most of them eventually learn how the game has to be played and either don't run again or conform to the status quo. We need to break up the club.