Paul Ryan

• Posts 276

Snowy created the topic: Paul Ryan

What do you think of Speaker of the House Paul Ryan? I actually like the guy, but I think he needs to do more to work with the democrats. I wasn't happy with the proposed healthcare bill and he knew it wasn't going to pass because it was no good. He needs to step up and work with the democrats on a bill that everyone can live with.

• Posts 275

Perplexed replied the topic: Paul Ryan

Snowy wrote: What do you think of Speaker of the House Paul Ryan? I actually like the guy, but I think he needs to do more to work with the democrats. I wasn't happy with the proposed healthcare bill and he knew it wasn't going to pass because it was no good. He needs to step up and work with the democrats on a bill that everyone can live with.

Not only does Speaker Ryan need to work more with the Dems., he also has to stop his behavior of vacillating support for President Trump! I use to like Mr. Ryan a lot, thinking that he would make a fine president, better than Mr. Romney. However, because of his "on again, off again" political relationship with Mr. Trump, yes even now, I'm not so sure about that. Plus, the establishment Republicans don't have any health care plan, zilch!

The Republicans have had eight years to put together an health care plan and all they can come up with are health care accounts, tax credits and, really?, competition between insurance providers across state lines. The insurance companies are in business for one reason, and that is to make astronomical profits, they have no desire for "competition". It's true that Obamacare is in shambles, but Mr. Ryan and the "hold out" Republicans need to devise a plan that can function reasonably for those who can't afford insurance, which are millions upon millions of Americans.

• Posts 223

marcus replied the topic: Paul Ryan

I haven't been keen on Paul but when he speaks, he looks to me like someone who isn't always open to negotiation and consultation. The health care bill requires careful consideration before anything else. If there have been loopholes in Obamacare, then it should seek to seal them. There's need for dialogue, all across the board.