No quick healthy meals

• Posts 58

Tiana created the topic: No quick healthy meals

I am super busy most of the time, and I never have time to cook healthy meals in the kitchen - even though I love cooking and baking - and I really hate the fact that there are no healthy meals that you can get on the go. If you want something quick and easy, then you're forced to eat unhealthy food. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

• Posts 150

Serene replied the topic: No quick healthy meals

I wish that I did have a solution to this problem because it would be a life-saver for me. I love cooking and eating healthy, but sometimes it just isn't possible because it takes too long to prepare meals like this. I've also tried cooking in larger batches and freezing some of what I've made to eat at a later time. It works for most things, but I would rather have more stores and restaurants offering healthy options to go.

• Posts 275

Perplexed replied the topic: No quick healthy meals

When my wife and I worked, back in the "Good Old Days", my wife use to prepare fabulous healthy meals ahead of time, freeze them, and when we were tired from a hard day's work, she would just heat them up. However, my wife loves to cook and can whip up a healthy meal in an instant. I, not so much.

• Posts 276

Snowy replied the topic: No quick healthy meals

I also make large batches of anything that can go in the freezer. In addition to that, I always have an assembled salad in the refrigerator along with non-GMO, gluten free snacks. If you need something to eat in the car, whole grain wraps with your choice of protein and vegetables are an easy wrap-and-go solution.

• Posts 70

Mushroom replied the topic: No quick healthy meals

Some would argue that it's just the consequence of living healthy; you have to spare enough time. You can do it if you want to. Nowadays there are restaurants which offer handmade, organic, healthy food, though. One may have to pay a high price, but it's yet another consequence.

• Posts 150

Serene replied the topic: No quick healthy meals

Mushroom wrote: Some would argue that it's just the consequence of living healthy; you have to spare enough time. You can do it if you want to. Nowadays there are restaurants which offer handmade, organic, healthy food, though. One may have to pay a high price, but it's yet another consequence.

You're exactly right, but it shouldn't be a consequence to the ones that want a healthy lifestyle. I think that more companies should get on the ball and start realizing that there are a lot of us out there that don't want to eat bad food anymore, we want things that are better for us. Do you think something like this will ever happen?

• Posts 222

JoJo replied the topic: No quick healthy meals

The best option to have is to prepare food in bulk and then use it every day. For example, you could boil or steam a bunch of vegetables and use them for salads every day. All you will need to prepare is the dressing, which only takes a couple of minutes.

• Posts 276

Snowy replied the topic: No quick healthy meals

Serene wrote: You're exactly right, but it shouldn't be a consequence to the ones that want a healthy lifestyle. I think that more companies should get on the ball and start realizing that there are a lot of us out there that don't want to eat bad food anymore, we want things that are better for us. Do you think something like this will ever happen?

I think it's really sad that eating healthy is so expensive and time consuming. I work from home and homeschool my daughter, so it's not a big deal for me to spend an hour in the morning chopping vegetables to make a big pot of something, but most people don't have that extra time. And the expense of organic versus regular anything is ridiculous. I have noticed that a lot of brands are advertising non-GMO products and I am happy to see that.

• Posts 61

SuddenlySarah replied the topic: No quick healthy meals

Do you have a crockpot? Meals made in there aren't necessarily on-the-go friendly, but you can throw in all the ingredients in the morning and have a healthy meal when you get home in the evening. I resisted using one for a while, but now I love it and I use it all the time.

• Posts 62

EmmyG replied the topic: No quick healthy meals

Buy a package of your favorite Steam in the Bag frozen vegetable, I like broccoli, a package of Perdue shortcuts, the packages of cooked chicken (my favorite is Southwestern-style) an avocado and a bottle of sweet chili sauce. Cook the vegetables according to the package directions. While the vegetables are cooking, peel and mash the avocado, then add a tablespoon of the sweet chili sauce. When the vegetables are done, toss the vegetables and the chicken in with the avocado and sweet chili paste and mix thoroughly. You have a quick and easy healthy meal in about 6 minutes that tastes amazing and is incredibly healthy for you. If you have the time to cook a boil-in-the-bag rice, you can then throw this over rice.