Really, You Need To Do That?

• Posts 275

Perplexed created the topic: Really, You Need To Do That?

This may sound petty, but it irritates me to no end! When I'm in the checkout line at the grocery store, I place my items on the conveyor belt with care, mindful of the preceding customer's merchandise. Then comes the customer behind me slamming the divider up against my items which sometimes are fragile, such as, eggs, tomatoes or bread. I want to turn around and belt them, how could they be so careless and ignorant? Does this bug you?

• Posts 276

Snowy replied the topic: Really, You Need To Do That?

That is so frustrating! Thankfully, I haven't had that happen in a while. My grocery store pet peeve is when someone is almost finished checking out, but they don't move their cart out of the way and then I don't have access to put my things on the belt. I don't want to be one of those people who pushes others out of the way, but if most of your stuff has been rung up and bagged, move forward a little so the person behind you can start putting their things on the belt.

• Posts 100

Chara replied the topic: Really, You Need To Do That?

I have the solution perplexed. Put some substantial items at the end of your basket contents. Kitty litter maybe? A box of laundry detergent? Anything that will hold up to the "shover" behind you. The basket thing gets me too. I generally just nudge a little and they get the hint.